• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter vs Southampton U21s - EFL Trophy match day thread. 7pm kick off

Simba3011

King and James impressed me. Perhaps if he has a loan at Parkway like Diabate had at Truro, King could be the Key replacement next year.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Non existent Matt Jay got the first.
Is the correct answer.😀

1664913618401.png1664913681645.png
so ...
A win by two goals or more will see us above FGR & into the next round.
A better scoreline than Newport (eg 2-1 vs 1-0 win, or 1-1 draw vs 0-0) will see us finish above Newport & qualify ...
UNLESS City lose & Southampton win, by at least 2 goals & go above City.
BUT example Southampton win 2-0 & City lose 1-2 would see City through as the winners of the head-to-head.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Since we have to play some established players as per the rules, giving James and King full debuts in the back five, it seems only reasonable to me to line them up with some experienced team-mates. In any case we don't have too many more candidates to play back there at the moment.
I think this is right coupled with anybody who has played 90 minutes for the first team recently only plays a maximum of 60 tonight.

Ironically it was Blackman who has become the injury worry....

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was impressed with the youngsters, none looked out of place and looked cool and calm. (y)(y)

Looked like t was a run out for the senior players, who really didnt put a lot of effort in. Jay non existent and I like him as a player.

Ref was woeful
Only negative was injury to Jamal Blackman - hope it's not too serious as chances are Scott Brown will be "transferred" to Rotters next transfer window and may not have full concentration on City.
UTC

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
King and James impressed me. Perhaps if he has a loan at Parkway like Diabate had at Truro, King could be the Key replacement next year.
James reminds me of Pondy by looks and the way he plays.
How old is Billington - he impressed me when he came on as well.

I hope Newport/Southampton kicking-off 45mins later than FGR/City doesn't give them an advantage.

tom_ecfc

Is the final at Wembley if so when are the tickets available? :)
Are you a trust member? 😉

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't understand the decision to put blackman in goal tonight. I'd rather it had been the youth team lad. Hopefully the injury is nothing serious

Memphis09

Congratulations Kevin Nicholson, another win on Saturday and you will have one knee under the managers desk.
Hope not