• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've said it before - whenever I've seen Villa often Ollie provides a decent chance or two for someone only for them to royally screw it up. McGinn did it last night attempting a diving header below knee height when he could have leathered it with his left foot.
Yep that McGinn effort was so woeful 👎

Mr Jinx

Gerrard is a woeful manager. Watkins will shine once more after he's been sacked.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Has to get away from Villa in January. His career is going backwards with Gerrard in charge.

andrew p long

Has to get away from Villa in January. His career is going backwards with Gerrard in charge.
I think Gerrard is likely to leave Villa before Ollie does...

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
May have applied for our vacancy !

iscalad

May have applied for our vacancy !
No thanks

CWH-NYC_

And so he does.

dontpassback

As one of the villa fans put it,end of an error !

sign of the chimes

And so he does.
I quite liked Villa, but thought they treated Dean Smith shabbily and have never had much time for Gerrard as a person; so can't say I'm disappointed. It's one of those situations where I can't help feeling the CEO, etc. should also carry the can.

Hopefully the next manager will see Watkins as a key performer and get him playing with a bit more confidence.

grecIAN Harris

I quite liked Villa, but thought they treated Dean Smith shabbily and have never had much time for Gerrard as a person; so can't say I'm disappointed. It's one of those situations where I can't help feeling the CEO, etc. should also carry the can.

Hopefully the next manager will see Watkins as a key performer and get him playing with a bit more confidence.
I think Ollie is one of those who probably needs to be shown a little bit of love. Make him smile and he will do almost anything you want, make him unhappy......... well, you can see what Gerrard has done to him.