• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

Average Joe

I only had my booster as I went abroad earlier in the year and the airport wanted £250 to do a on-site test. I'm not paying that so I had the free booster instead,

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, I've had my two autumn boosters today - COVID in the left arm and Flu in the right.

Just hope the respective viruses know which arm they should be aiming for.

(Sorry got to go - Bill Gates is calling on my left arm microchip)

iscalad

ECC have cancelled all garden waste collections this week due to staff shortages due to Covid.

manc grecian

ECC have cancelled all garden waste collections this week due to staff shortages due to Covid.
Absolute **** take that service.

DB9

China's mad "Zero Covid" policy is being blamed for the death of at least 10 people in a block of flats in the City of Urumqi. Because of this policy if one person is tested positive the whole Block/Street/City gets locked down and this was said to be the cause of the deaths because people weren't allowed out. Protests seem to be growing and although they will probably be brutally cracked down by the authorities they seem to be spreading, With people calling for the downfall of President Xi Jinping.

It seems after 3 years the Chinese people are getting weary of this plus people are asking about the WC when so many are there, No restrictions etc yet they're being told to stay at home when someone virtually just cough's which led to China turning off a streaming service because complaints about this, Also The economy of China is suffering too, It has "Bombed" by their standards. Maybe an inavasion on a tiny island off China's coast will distract the eople?

Banksy

China's mad "Zero Covid" policy is being blamed for the death of at least 10 people in a block of flats in the City of Urumqi. Because of this policy if one person is tested positive the whole Block/Street/City gets locked down and this was said to be the cause of the deaths because people weren't allowed out. Protests seem to be growing and although they will probably be brutally cracked down by the authorities they seem to be spreading, With people calling for the downfall of President Xi Jinping.

It seems after 3 years the Chinese people are getting weary of this plus people are asking about the WC when so many are there, No restrictions etc yet they're being told to stay at home when someone virtually just cough's which led to China turning off a streaming service because complaints about this, Also The economy of China is suffering too, It has "Bombed" by their standards. Maybe an inavasion on a tiny island off China's coast will distract the eople?

It’s funny since they originally infected us all allegedly and yet can’t sort it out at home.Makes you wonder what their agenda is and what they’re afraid of. Is it just to control the population in the usual way as they like to or is there some conspiracy theory.( Was it really made in some lab or other , X Files ahoy!)
Maybe the tide is turning against the so called leaders in all these countries , like the nutters in Iran now.
Excuse my usual incoherent ramble just speculating!

DB9

It’s funny since they originally infected us all allegedly and yet can’t sort it out at home.Makes you wonder what their agenda is and what they’re afraid of. Is it just to control the population in the usual way as they like to or is there some conspiracy theory.( Was it really made in some lab or other , X Files ahoy!)
Maybe the tide is turning against the so called leaders in all these countries , like the nutters in Iran now.
Excuse my usual incoherent ramble just speculating!
The thing for me is that they're up there with the US economically wise but Xi's policy is destroying that, Like if one person at their huge factories get Covid the workers are locked in, No question asked they just do it, This could seriously undermine things and send their economy back decades. Its a vast country and a controlled media so the Government can keep a lid on protests up to a point but there are millions of Chinese, Especially young ones living and studying abroad who can say to their relatives back home people are living normal lives and "Living with Covid" and of course SM is a powerful tool. The Chinese people are getting fed up with this policy, This might grow into something.

Banksy

What a heck of a size population to have to control DB. One and a half billion.Imagine having to keep the lid down on that lot. But yes , the world seems to be a - changing and not before time.

tavyred

China apparently has to have a draconian lock down policy because as an expert I listened to the other day stated that their home grown vaccines aren’t very good and they are greatly exposed to the risk of their healthcare system not coping with even moderate rates of infections.

DB9

China apparently has to have a draconian lock down policy because as an expert I listened to the other day stated that their home grown vaccines aren’t very good and they are greatly exposed to the risk of their healthcare system not coping with even moderate rates of infections.
Yet out of a population of over 1.5bn they've only had just over 5k deaths 😕