• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Ollie is one of those who probably needs to be shown a little bit of love. Make him smile and he will do almost anything you want, make him unhappy......... well, you can see what Gerrard has done to him.
Gerrard goes with Villa 3 points off the bottom yet only 5 points below Brentford in 10th which, not withstanding his less than impressive record throughout his time with Villa, suggests he may have kept them up.

However we Grecians know his ability to manage is very questionable with the way he has treated Ollie as a player like Ollie does not go from a striker who was capable giving the best defenders in the PL problems to a shadow of his former self over night.

As you say Ollie responds to being shown love and I hope now SG has gone 🤞we will soon the old smiling Ollie back on our TVs.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gerrard goes with Villa 3 points off the bottom yet only 5 points below Brentford in 10th which, not withstanding his less than impressive record throughout his time with Villa, suggests he may have kept them up.

However we Grecians know his ability to manage is very questionable with the way he has treated Ollie as a player like Ollie does not go from a striker who was capable giving the best defenders in the PL problems to a shadow of his former self over night.

As you say Ollie responds to being shown love and I hope now SG has gone 🤞we will soon the old smiling Ollie back on our TVs.
That's nothing to do with it IMO. They lost Grealish and stopped playing to his strengths.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
First game post-Gerrard and Ollie scores in a 4-0 win

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
First game post-Gerrard and Ollie scores in a 4-0 win
True great to see him smiling again…..Toney very quiet if Ollie can hit form and start scoring regularly he may yet make it on to the plane.

CWH-NYC_

That was more like it! Fun to watch again.

Banksy

True great to see him smiling again…..Toney very quiet if Ollie can hit form and start scoring regularly he may yet make it on to the plane.
Too late sadly.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Too late sadly.
Not sure about that. As I recall, Toney didn’t get on the pitch for the two recent England games. If Ollie, or Dominic Calvert-Lewin, can bag three or four goals in the next two, or three, weeks then reckon Southgate might still plump for one of them over Toney.

denzel

If Ollie scores a few more before the international break, and Toney doesn't, there may be a clamour for him to get on the plane!

grecIAN Harris

If Ollie scores a few more before the international break, and Toney doesn't, there may be a clamour for him to get on the plane!
If Callum Wilson can keep fit, and I know that's a big if, Ollie or Toney won't get a look in.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Callum Wilson can keep fit, and I know that's a big if, Ollie or Toney won't get a look in.
GC watching Newcastle v Villa today both Ollie and Wilson playing a great chance for either one to stake a claim to be included in the World Cup squad 🤞for Ollie.