• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Gary Caldwell - new manager

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't see it that way SB, simply that praise like that should be something that is earned and is justified over time thru results, otherwise it becomes meaningless
I guess we will have to agree to differ I see it as a means of identifying with the team and the supporters.

Last edited:

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster

Majago

https://offtheline599656488.wordpress.com/2022/10/25/all-is-cald-well-for-the-grecians

Hope this link works it is a long but very detailed and well put together read.

Just tested it and worked fine for me UTC
A long read but an excellent one. Thanks for sharing 👍

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't see it that way SB, simply that praise like that should be something that is earned and is justified over time thru results, otherwise it becomes meaningless
Think you're taking this a bit too literally. Do you keep schtum when we sing about being 'by far the greatest team the world has ever seen'?!

Andy_H

https://offtheline599656488.wordpress.com/2022/10/25/all-is-cald-well-for-the-grecians/?

Hope this link works it is a long but very detailed and well put together read.

Just tested it and worked fine for me UTC
Interesting but....
Charges need to be brought against the author by the DPP [apostrophes] in relation to this - his disposal at St James’ Park!
Used not, once but THREE[3] times!!! "Oh, i had a couple of apostrophes left over so i thought i'd just use them up." Grrr!

CraigECFC

Very good read and his time with Newcastle U23s & the ‘City Group’ is something that hasn’t been mentioned much. Hopefully those connections will see him be able to bring some real talent from those clubs in on loan. Also shows he’s been trusted to develop youth at some in the biggest clubs in England.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting but....
Charges need to be brought against the author by the DPP [apostrophes] in relation to this - his disposal at St James’ Park!
Used not, once but THREE[3] times!!! "Oh, i had a couple of apostrophes left over so i thought i'd just use them up." Grrr!
Probably not the place for this discussion, but, despite it not being the club's favoured style, there's certainly a legitimate case for using an apostrophe.

Andy_H

Probably not the place for this discussion, but, despite it not being the club's favoured style, there's certainly a legitimate case for using an apostrophe.
Which is? We are St JAMES Park, ie the Park in the area known as St JAMES and not St JAMES' Park ie a park belonging to St JAMES, Basic '11 plus' or Year 6 English language. Surely even a journo should/would know that!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I imagine it's far easier for a manager to come in to replace one who has been sacked and probably "lost the dressing room" than one who has been popular, successful and moved onwards and upwards
Brian Clough and Leeds being the obvious example. Though GC hasn't got a history of slagging Cuty before becoming our manager 😅

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Think i can agree with this, Happy to welcome Gary to the club and really hope he does well and we continue an upwards trajectory but to earn praise he has to get it right on the pitch, Not just because he's become manager. I'm hoping (Starting tonight) we keep what we're doing and perform well, Get the result we need and going forward Gary's way of doing things is compatable with our players, They enjoy playing for him, Learn his way and those ways are positive, He's obviously his own man and for us this is the first time in 20 years we've got a manager that has had league experience and not come from within the club or in Tisdale's case from further down the league ladder. Can't see what Geoff said was in anyway "Negative"