• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Derby County vs Exeter City Match-day Thread

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
I didn't watch on ifollow or go to the game, how did Key do?

Based on just the short highlights alone, a few of their chances seemed to come from errors from him?
Most players, Key included, played well and also made the occasional mistake. Hartridge made the fewest

scottus86

Based on just the short highlights alone, a few of their chances seemed to come from errors from him?
The sooner he can be back at RWB the better.

denzel

Most players, Key included, played well and also made the occasional mistake. Hartridge made the fewest
I thought Hartridge made a dreadful mistake at one point, giving away the ball in possession, but thankfully was rescued by Sparkes.
I thought Pierce looked the most solid of the three, and Dieng was my MoM.

CityTillIDie

Has anyone mentioned our corners tactic? All the players stand in a line on the penalty spot, then spread out! is this new I don’t think I’ve seen us do it before. Something Caldwell has bought in?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Has anyone mentioned our corners tactic? All the players stand in a line on the penalty spot, then spread out! is this new I don’t think I’ve seen us do it before. Something Caldwell has bought in?
It's called a bus stop?

Cowshed Grecian

He's done well to have brought that in within one training session if he has, not that it worked. Never seen them do it before though.

Red Bill

Key remains a very frustrating player for me. Clearly has bags of talent and is a very good player, but always seems to want to hang on to the ball too long and beat that one extra player. Last night was no exception and he ended up losing the ball in tight areas when the team has pushed up the field, he did that at least 3 or 4 times last night and each time it led to a quick counter from Derby and some very dangerous positions. Luckily Derby weren't good enough to capitalise and there was some great cover from the rest of the back line that saved the situation, but more clinical teams may well have taken better advantage.
Don't get me wrong I like Key and get excited every time he gets on the ball, but he still needs to learn to get his head up more and realise that he doesn't need to try to beat the entire opposition on his own when he gets the ball in a good areas.

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
Although it was not a classic, both sets of fans made it a great atmosphere in which to watch football. I thought that apart from one or two errors we were pretty tight and merited a point. We were not able to get forward too often and I thought Derby were a bit lacklustre for me and didn't show much conviction with the few chances they created.
I am sure that we will face sterner tests than this one but I saw enough to think that we will be comfortable at this level.

arthur

It's called a bus stop?
I thought it was a love train...

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought it was a love train...
It's either the Fatback Band or The O'Jays then. Fatback Band for me, much funkier.