• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Blackman head injury/Argyle

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
So to conclude, if he's felt no ill affects since the incident took place he's good to play on Monday, if he's had any ill affects since the incident he won't be available.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully Cheick will be fit to start along with Blackman. The squad is starting to look much stronger now and I think we’d all be delighted with a point.

But, derbies are funny old things and we can get a win. Always remember going down there back in 2015 expecting to get annihilated but came away with a 2-1 win after a Harley masterclass. Hopefully Gary can have a few days on the grass to get his plan across to the players.

UTC

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
So to conclude, if he's felt no ill affects since the incident took place he's good to play on Monday, if he's had any ill affects since the incident he won't be available.
That’s my understanding of the guidelines in question. That said, they very much rely on complete transparency from all parties.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
That’s my understanding of the guidelines in question. That said, they very much rely on complete transparency from all parties.
Including the main man himself. If he felt a bit sick/headache/dizzy on his day off on Tuesday but felt fine when he arrived at training on Wednesday, I doubt he would say he'd been unwell the previous day.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Including the main man himself. If he felt a bit sick/headache/dizzy on his day off on Tuesday but felt fine when he arrived at training on Wednesday, I doubt he would say he'd been unwell the previous day.
Firstly, I would have thought he would have been closely monitored on his day off and may well also have been told not to attend training for the rest of the week. Secondly I would hope that increasing awareness of the potential dangers of concussion would mean that players would take any symptoms seriously.

CC

Feeling nauseous while being in Ply*outh is not necessarily a sign of concussion to be fair. Just good taste.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Firstly, I would have thought he would have been closely monitored on his day off and may well also have been told not to attend training for the rest of the week. Secondly I would hope that increasing awareness of the potential dangers of concussion would mean that players would take any symptoms seriously.
He'd probably attend training even if he wasn't doing any physical training, perhaps just listening to the post match analysis and discussion for the upcoming game, plus I'm sure our medical team would want to assess him.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
on the grass
You are Gary Cauldwell and I win £5

#Garyinterviewphrasebingo

CraigECFC

There’s usually a 3/4 day return to play protocol in which work load will be increased each day. Obviously if at any stage symptoms are felt then you’re back to square one.

I’d be interested to know if our players have to take a baseline concussion test in which you take after a blow to the head like this to see any effects such as slowed faction times. I know that’s common over here in the states.

DJG.ECFC

Hopefully he sorts that hair colour out if he is fit to play mind