• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought Harry and Archie and Jay played really well. Tim and Jevani were well off their game.

Topsham Boy

Good performance, just slack defending cost us. Nothing to be too concerned about though I don’t think. If they are one of the better sides in this division then there’s no reason we can’t easily finish in the top half. If we had Stubbs fit regularly we’d have a real side on our hands.
Agree. GAWS have a lot of options going forward but we were sloppy defensively. At 2-1 up we must find a way to see out games. Stanno, Kite and Nombe outstanding.

chunkymorrinmunter

Kents lucky

StudentGrecian

you clearly have no idea.
Happy to debate. Nothing solely his fault tonight, as I said we were poor defensively. But he’s come to use us as a stepping stone, yet imo he has shown no proof of being better than us. He is a massive lad, the only time we’ve seen his physical presence is the videos of him laying out a geezer in the guildhall.

dommers

yet imo he has shown no proof of being better than us.
So you think he's good enough for league one which is what I'd expect of a league one GK

SaintJames

Mistakes cost games. Their defenders in any trouble knocked the ball out of play and regrouped. Josh Key decides not to and costs us the first goal when he should play percentage football and knock into into row Z. Blackman was like a tub of lard for the 2nd equalizer showing the player the whole half of the goal to aim at and he duly obliges. Such a shame as our two goals were excellent. Our game plan was excellent as was Caldwell's tactics. Thought Kitey and Archie were excellent as was Stanno and Nombe. Overall we gave them a good game and when the opposition is as clinical as that just minimise your mistakes to stay in the game. We failed to do so and lost a game we should have taken a point from. However, in the cold light of day the boys performed

Pete Martin (CTID)

With the Gargoyles form this season, I never expected us to win tonight but I'm not disappointed as I think, apart from a couple of weak links, we gave a really good account of ourselves and, for the impartial observer, it was a hell of a spectacle.

StudentGrecian

So you think he's good enough for league one which is what I'd expect of a league one GK
Well I don’t think he has proved that yet either, hence why I’d like to see some competition come in for January. He’s been below par.

The difference is that they have strength in depth and their loan players scored two plus two assists. Blackman unsighted for Mumba's strike which our defenders failed to close down. We did show that we are competitive in this league, but our attacking substitutions( taking off more defensive players) plainly didn't work. The manager will learn a lot from this. Jay Stansfield again a quality player. And yes, City you were a credit to this league in a thoroughly entertaining game; just the wrong result.

crocks

Think we need try a back 4 with Key RB and Alex LB.