• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

felix

Yeh alright mate, no one cares

Also you can pour all the American money you want into your club; your town and your people are as ugly as they ever have been. Absolute disaster of a place.
I rest my case regarding knobheads!!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seeing as you have asked the question I will answer it. Just a bit of clarification we had 2 on the pitch ( Randell and Cooper) and 2 on the bench ( a 16 and 18 year old). So, I believe both sides are healthy. We are financially sound, are top of the league and getting 15k plus crowds. We have investment coming in from a wealthy American consortium and have just purchased land for top class training and academy facilities. Our very successful chairman has stated that we can't (yet) beat the opposition by being wealthier ( Ipswich, Sheff Wed, Portsmouth) but we can by being smarter. One of the facets of that is our use of the loan system. I doubt our players will be recalled in Jan but if they are we have contingencies. We use advanced data analytics ( which Hallett utilizes in his business) to identify potential loan targets and start talking to their clubs at the earliest opportunity. We play an attractive and modern system (3 4 2 1) which championship & premier clubs like their players to play in and Swansea/Norwich would rather have Whittaker and Mumba playing and improving than sitting on a bench. We have a young talented manager who will no doubt move on but we have contingencies in place for that. Finally, we have intelligent (no knobheads) players ( I won't comment any further on that, ahem).

I think both clubs are in the top 5 in the "healthy" stakes, but I believe we are healthier but things can change.

Good debating point though.

Cheers.
In fairness, your Chairman has done an amazing job at Argyle, which cannot be denied.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
A good entertaining match for the neutral, exciting and full of goals.

However we are not neutrals, and having read the thread, at the end of the day we lost, as we have done several times this season, not because the other side were that much better than us, but because we shot ourselves in the foot defensively. Whether it be, as someone else pointed out hoofing the ball off the pitch as their defenders were not afraid to do, or being more aware of the runners and our positional sense, in this division as we are finding you can be quickly crucified

Also another area where we have struggled this season is adapting during play, for the first 60 our defence effectively snuffed out their attack and they were lacking in ideas resorting to long balls going forward after a bit of tippy tappy at the back, Key doing an immense job on Ennis and likewise the others making Cosgrove ineffective. However when Ennis went off and Hardie came on we didn't seem t have a plan to cover this and he seemed to have the freedom of Home Park to get his two goals. Our defence definitely needs working on.

I think Caldwell knows what he needs to do and will be working on it over the coming months, once we are tighter then I am confident that we won't go down and possibly depending on January's window may even be looking at our highest ever finish!

It pains me to say but Argyle are currently a good team and are starting to build a comfortable lead at the top, nothing to worry about at the moment because we all know that these leads can be reeled in over a season and they are yet to hit their bad patch. Should they get promoted it would be interesting to see how they manage in a higher league with their squad, as presumably their loanees will return to their parent clubs and their manager may well have moved on as well to a bigger club as our Matty did. The parachute payment will however help them should they be relegated at the end of the season and therefore could become a Rotherham, yo-yoing between leagues.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you're referring to Harry Smith leaving (who has been brave to speak publicly about some addiction and mental health issues he's experienced) I think your comment is offensive and probably says more about you than it does about him.
Perhaps best not to put yourself forward to represent Exeter City on any future mental health initiatives we're involved in if this is your view of it.
Perhaps you ought to organise a vigil if you feel that strongly about it.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I rest my case regarding knobheads!!
Have you looked around you at home park? Full of inbred Cornwall types. Weird weird fans.

felix

Have you looked around you at home park? Full of inbred Cornwall types. Weird weird fans.
Sturtz, possibly a mistake asking a reasonably intelligent question. Still, I'm sure Grecian Max doesn't get the irony of his postings.

I'll move on now.

Cheers decent City fans and good luck for the rest of the season. I'll be cheering for you against the Tractor Boys.

Cowshed Grecian

What a game that was last night! As disappointed as i am by the result, you have to appreciate Caldwell's tactics last night, dropping Jevani was a big call and we hit them twice on the counter attack, Stanno was unreal, Collins and Kite were outstanding.
I don't see how any of the goals were Blackman's fault? Key should of hoofed it away for the first, No Keeper is saving that Mumba strike, that really changed the momentum their way. Hardie came on and sank us. Its fine margins-If only Kites shot hadn't hit the bar and Mumba's had gone wide. Sounds silly but if we had held on at 2-1 we might of gone on and got a third.

The saltiness and sour grapes on here is hilarious

Fareham Grecian

Just watched Caldwell’s interview. Honest, open, insightful, intelligent. Early days still of course, but I think we have (again) made a great appointment. Excited for the rest of the season.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This is the matchday thread, this is not for banter between the two sets of fans.