• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

Memphis09

Individually:

I thought Kite was awesome yesterday - and was a close second for MOTM behind Stanno for me. Collins, Key, Caprice (going forward) all put in good shifts too.

Nombe didn’t have a great game despite his goal and huffed and puffed - could be argued he made space for Stanno, mind.

Dropping Brown I respect as it was done for the best of the overall tactical approach. Ultimately it didn’t work but I can see the logic.

Matt Jay came on and looked like a Conference player so I imagine that situation will be resolved in Jan or July.
On the point of MJ did he touch the ball when he came
Was hoping he would change the game for us but does seem to have little or no input into the team this season

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone else hear the argyle fans singing “stannos in a box” outside the ground as they were leaving? Very low but Pretty standard from them lot.
I had to get a train back into Cornwall last night (10.38 in theory but well gone eleven by the time it actually left meaning I didn't get in until 1 AM) and on my carriage that was probably the least sick chant re; Stanno. They had quite a few. In fairness most Argyle fans didn't join in and looked uncomfortable but there was some very unpleasant stuff.

Cowshed Grecian

Was hoping he would change the game for us but does seem to have little or no input into the team this season
MJ looks a shadow of himself at his best at the moment, he's gone back to being a "sub" squad player and this was the guy MT was building the team around.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Happy to do that, but I doubt that Whittaker, who was on loan at Lincoln would be on anywhere near the sort of money that's being mentioned...Mumba, similarly on loan at Peterborough...However, they are both very good players and will undoubtably improve.
They are both on big money and from what I hear we did enquire about them and couldn't get anywhere near the figures being quoted. Gilly is the Assistant at Swansea and MT did try and tap into this contact. We also tried for Joseph who is on loan at Oxford and again he is apparently on 5K there.

malcolms

They are both on big money and from what I hear we did enquire about them and couldn't get anywhere near the figures being quoted. Gilly is the Assistant at Swansea and MT did try and tap into this contact. We also tried for Joseph who is on loan at Oxford and again he is apparently on 5K there.
I guess you must also know if the Packers are going to trade for a wide receiver today, and what the deal is?

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I guess you must also know if the Packers are going to trade for a wide receiver today, and what the deal is?
Afraid not Malcs, but was there a while back to watch the Man City vs Bayern Munich pre-season game! ;)

Not much sour grapes just reasonable debate. The only thing that's hilarious is the fact you feel the need to come on here, and even funnier to actually register and post! Closet Grecian?
Not confirming or denying. Just looking at all the posts from a completely neutral point of view. Some reasonable debate, but a lot of people crying about Argyle having lots of loan players, not playing like a side top of the league last night, not having as many youth products as City. All Argyle fans being winkers etc. Just all seems very "playground".

fred binneys head

Did you expect any different on a football forum? And all argyle fans being w****** isn't up for debate on here, it's just the rules.

manc grecian

Not confirming or denying. Just looking at all the posts from a completely neutral point of view. Some reasonable debate, but a lot of people crying about Argyle having lots of loan players, not playing like a side top of the league last night, not having as many youth products as City. All Argyle fans being winkers etc. Just all seems very "playground".
My dad would batter your dad.

supernova

As nice a guy as he is MJ is not a League 1 footballer IMHO. Think the young man from Southampton is unlucky to not have got more game time in his place