• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Assistant Manager appointment

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would have thought if that was the case he would be here already.
Its a big old move down for Caldwell and it’ll be a big move down for people he’s worked with before too, so given that he was only handed the job this time last week I’d say theres more to come

SaintJames

Brian Kerr?
if Bet fred has odds put your savings on it :)

andrew p long

the thing with KN is that there are *two* vacancies, not just one. Very possible that Caldwell will bring in his own man to replace Wayne Carlisle and put KN into the old Dan Green role.

Christian

Possibly....although we don't really have an u23 setup this season. No Premier League cup either. So not sure they put KN in Dan Green old role but you never know.

andrew p long

Possibly....although we don't really have an u23 setup this season. No Premier League cup either. So not sure they put KN in Dan Green old role but you never know.
Yes, but as MT pointed out the U23 gig was only a very small part of the job anyway...would just get the occasional Thursday afternoon to work with those players, the rest of the time with the first team squad. The job described by that U23 title was only ever a tiny part of the actual work done.

InMyBlood

Who has been in the dugout with Caldwell for Derby and Argyle?

tom_ecfc

Who has been in the dugout with Caldwell for Derby and Argyle?
KN has been his ‘temp’ assistant so far.

Boyo

Nicky Ajose has been there too!

andrew p long

and Scott Brown.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think KN will get the gig. I think if Caldwell wanted to bring in his own man he'd have been here by now.