• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fair play to Wheeler.
He's a good 'un.
Intelligent and forthright.

A couple of points re the article

I was amused to see the picture half way down in the link captioned - "David Wheeler (right) regularly speaks to his teammates about environmental issues"
I would have added "as he demonstates the average height and width of a cow fart"

Also, they mentioned Planet League football which is now in its fourth week and has been signed up to 'by 77 teams'.
We're one of the teams but I've never heard of it (and judging by the nil returns neither have over 40 of the other team's supporters).

Interesting that one of the teams not signed up is Forest Green. Curious.

Also, he needs a word with Gareth Ainsworth.
Less added time = floodlights turned off earlier :cool:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fair play to Wheeler.
He's a good 'un.
Intelligent and forthright.

A couple of points re the article

I was amused to see the picture half way down in the link captioned - "David Wheeler (right) regularly speaks to his teammates about environmental issues"
I would have added "as he demonstates the average height and width of a cow fart"

Also, they mentioned Planet League football which is now in its fourth week and has been signed up to 'by 77 teams'.
We're one of the teams but I've never heard of it (and judging by the nil returns neither have over 40 of the other team's supporters).

Interesting that one of the teams not signed up is Forest Green. Curious.

Also, he needs a word with Gareth Ainsworth.
Less added time = floodlights turned off earlier :cool:
I assumed it's the fans of the clubs that sign up, rather than the clubs themselves?

gilbertshoot

David Wheeler just been on 5Live talking about Qatar World Cup and about various contentious issues concerning workers conditions, use of energy, sports washing etc. Came across as a very intelligent, erudite and extremely knowledgeable bloke. He'll have a bright future when he hangs up the boots.
A stand up guy.

grecIAN Harris

Podge scored the inner for Woking last night against Mark Cooper's Yeovil.

Martin Weiler

David Wheeler again….different topic but important contribution:

Football and mental health: Defying the game's 'hypermasculine' culture of silence https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63476095

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Stuart Fleetwood, formerly of this parish, has been appointed interim manager by Yate Town (in Tiverton’s Division). He replaces Peter Beadle.
On to Cinderford Town

Brinty IFA

Scott Goldbourne is currently on BBC1 and is a property developer now

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Colesman Ballz

I had expected to see Cam between the sticks for Wednesday in their cup match with Morecambe, but Stockdale played and Cam wasn't even on the bench. Maybe he is sick or injured, but all in all it must be a pretty frustrating season for him.