• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale v Exeter City. FA Cup first round. Matchday thread.

Fareham Grecian

Their manager's view
God but I’m glad we don’t have (or haven’t had for two decades) managers like that. Clueless and hitting out at his players. How does he think him being ‘ruthless’ 🤣 is going to motivate his players?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Fareham Grecian

Sorry to be ignorant, but who is that asking the questions? His interviews for the last few games have been really good

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
not sure they were in the right place to judge if our first was offside or not.

well done city. Glad we played our full side . Money in the bank and potentially one more win from a windfall. Home tie for round two please.
I believe the issue was the ball was out when Stansfield had a tussle on the byline with the left back.

Oldsmobile-88

Atmosphere was pretty good for only 200 of us, we have it a good go, even if NLM was a bit precious about the lyrics to some of the songs 🤣
🎶He’s here, he’s there, we’re not allowed to swear.. Neil Le M..Neil Le M 🎶

Reminds me of the late Maurice Wright many years ago telling youngsters at the back of the coach to “Stop fckuing swearing” 😁

geoffwp

Ah St Neil of the millions. Bless me father for I swore

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
How did Blackman perform today? The bits I caught on the radio it sounded like he made some crucial saves.

fred binneys head

How did Blackman perform today? The bits I caught on the radio it sounded like he made some crucial saves.
He did very well, caught his crosses and made some good saves. Came out quickly for their first goal, was just a good finish, and their second was pinball which he couldn’t do anything about. 9/10 from me.

fred binneys head

I believe the issue was the ball was out when Stansfield had a tussle on the byline with the left back.
It wasn’t out, the whole of the ball wasn’t over the whole of the line.

fred binneys head

a great day to be a grecian - into the next round, argyle and rotherham spanked...semper fidelis!
I will always want argyle to get thrashed, their bus to break down, their stadium to be condemned and their club to go into liquidation but, as long as KMT is their manager, I want Rotherham to do well.