• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

DawlishBouy

Nicky Law's Tampa Bay Rowdies beaten 0-1 in the Semi-Final of the USLC play-offs.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Moxey in the Torquay side for the televised game against Derby.Disappointed with how few former City players they have at the club.Maybe they wouldn't be at the bottom of the Conference if they had a few more.😉

SaintJames

Moxey in the Torquay side for the televised game against Derby.Disappointed with how few former City players they have at the club.Maybe they wouldn't be at the bottom of the Conference if they had a few more.😉
and Mark Ellis

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
and Mark Ellis
Did Mark Ellis ever play for City? (I can find no trace)

grecIAN Harris

Did Mark Ellis ever play for City? (I can find no trace)
I don't believe he ever started a first time match. He came through The Acadamy and then went straight to Bolton (iirc).

Grecian2K

Ah
I don't believe he ever started a first time match. He came through The Acadamy and then went straight to Bolton (iirc).
Ah. Thanks for that. I seem to recall it now!
PS: Do we get any add-ons for his loan to the Turkeys? 😜

Rosencrantz

Ellis played alongside Dan Seaborne in the u18's despite still being a schoolboy at the time. Dan was a (school) year older. Ellis was probably one of the best young centre backs I have seen at that age in terms of play and physicality. It was disappointing we lost him to Bolton at 16 but IMO he never really kicked on in his development. He has had a solid professional career, but at a lower level than I would have predicted at the time.

Rosencrantz

A rare goal for Matt Grimes tonight. Even rarer with his right foot.

Bridgy 81

A rare goal for Matt Grimes tonight. Even rarer with his right foot.
Plus, as things stand, it puts Swansea in the Championship playoff positions.
Matt Grimes in the Premier League anyone?

tom_ecfc

No Randall Williams for Hull City tonight. What’s the news on him? Haven’t been looking out for him, but haven’t seen his name in the Hull City side whenever I do.