• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Peterborough United matchday thread

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
'Look I'll take responsibility for that result...but you simply can't legislate for the mistakes the players made today..'
It's called a "non-apology apology" in politics šŸ¤£

Bat Fastard

really enjoyable day and great performances all round. It was a tight game that could have gone either way but aside from the usual suspects, I thought Caprice was excellent today - full of energy and consistently willing to take on his man. Didn't work every time, but I love seeing that over predictable sideways balls!

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
It was confirmed at the Trust AGM this morning that the bank capacity has been cut by 10% in line with safety guidance because we are all getting fat (or words to that effect). Also that the club are exploring ways to re-sell tickets for people unable to attend
Bleddy ridiculous imho.

Fareham Grecian

It's called a "non-apology apology" in politics šŸ¤£
Itā€™s called ā€œbeing a ****ā€ in football. Or Gerrard for short.

Spoonz Red E

That third goal...

See where Jevani starts his run from.
The understanding between him and Jay as he runs past.
Jay knows where Jevani is headed.
Jevani knows that Jay knows.
A perfectly weighted ball from Jay and a sweetly directed shot - no panic - no danger of blasting over.

Class. šŸ‘

Grecianpasty

The biggest thing for me was the bravery GC took in changing the shape the way he did towards the end of the game.

There was a different feel in the stadium today, and I think it's a level of anticipation we haven't seen for a couple months. If we can put in performances like that at home more often than not, we will be contending for the play offs.

Rosencrantz

Really enjoyable game between two good sides. We set up differently to the way we have before in a 3-4-3 with Jevani through the middle, flanked by Stanno on the left and MJ on the right. A different way of defending as a team with us letting their centre backs have possession but Stanno and MJ working hard to cut out the ball wide and funnelling them through the middle into traffic or just going long. I don't think JCH in particular liked being the target man for long balls.

When they did get the ball in our final third you could see the quality of Mason-Clark and the danger of JCH. They both showed that with the finishes for their goals. We defended well in the main but needed a few good saves from Jamal as well. We also looked a threat going forward with Jevani missing a good chance after MJ teed him up and Archie bringing out a very good save before Timmy scored from the corner.

Peterborough started the second half better but we started to look better with Sam coming on and gradually got back into it. Going behind so late at a time when we were getting back into it was a kick in the teeth. Both Josh and Jake should have been more interested in the ball rather than battling their men.

The immediate change to push Josh into his natural position paid off almost immediately. He was the only wing back ours likely to keep that ball alive at the far post from Jake's deep cross. Then came another perfectly weighted little straight ball from Stanno and Jevani never looked like missing. That was a loud SJP. We saw out the rest of injury time comfortably with a couple of experienced free kicks won by Sweenz.

A really good day all in all.

iscalad

Not sure what game he was watching. Posh dominated for about 35 minutes of the second half but the whole game?? Really?
Oh, poor love.

dontpassback

'Look I'll take responsibility for that result...but you simply can't legislate for the mistakes the players made today..'
In other words,itā€™s not my fault,itā€™s the players fault šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€

Antony Moxey

Blackman - Nothing he could do with the two goals - 7/10
Sweeney - That skill, no words - 10/10
Hartridge - Dealt with CH well - 8/10
Key - Potentially his best game at CB, last 10mins on the RWB position he was back to his best - 8/10
Sparkes - Slightly struggled but a steady game - 6/10
Caprice - A very good game but defending let him down for their 2nd - 7/10
Dieng - Slightly deeper today, solid enough performance, sluggish towards the end - 7/10
Collins - More of a defensive hat on today, but still the ticking player we all love - 7/10
Jay - Unfortunately the game past him by - 5/10
Brown - 1st half slightly struggled out of position, came into his own 2nd half and delivered like we all know he can - 8/10
Stansfield - Run his heart out all game as per usual, ran out of steam towards the end but still able to pick that pass to assist Brown, destined for the top level! - 8/10

Subs
Nombe
- Understood him being rested and proved why he is so important when he came on - 8/10
Kite - Not on enough to really impact the game - 6/10
Grounds - Not on enough to really impact the game. Nice to have another defender back fit - 6/10
Jay 5/10, Grounds 6/10. Good grief.