• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Ipswich Town match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Here we go then, I’m going for my hat trick of wins this season after two comebacks against Fleetwood and Peterborough. The moral of the story today then is: if we go behind, don’t panic, FBH has started the thread, City will come back and win.

Gonna be a tough one though, Ipswich are a good side. But so are we, let’s all have confidence and cheer the lads on to a famous victory, either from the stands or our lounges. I won’t be at the ground today unfortunately but will be shouting at the TV like a lunatic.

Enjoy the game lads and lasses, COYR.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We'll need to be at our best today to get three points. Hopefully a few more players available for Gary Caldwell.

Not sure if I can watch it, I'll be on a train from Luxembourg to Zurich.

Jason's preview

haka

Come on City, let's get revenge for 1957. Bleddy Alf Ramsey.

Thanks to the wonderful Grecian Archive we can read the match programme from their last (league) visit, 65 years ago. Board says club has no money to spend!

https://grecianarchive.exeter.ac.uk/items/show/12494#gallery-2

denzel

Thanks to the wonderful Grecian Archive we can read the match programme from their last (league) visit, 65 years ago. Board says club has no money to spend!

Great read, that. Imagine having three games at SJP in four days. The 1957 equivalent of Chas must have been doing his nut.
Also noting that Torquay were the top side in Devon then. Wonder if that will happen again?

Banksy

Also noting that Torquay were the top side in Devon then. Wonder if that will happen again?
I think that would have to be in a parallel world.😀

haka

That season was the closest Torquay have ever been to the second tier (Championship). Went down to the final day.

Ipswich pipped them on goal average and soon were champions of England (under Ramsey). Don't know what happened to Torquay ... ;)

Arthur Davey

I reckon the li'l ol' red one will be better suited to the ground conditions today ☺Screenshot_20221119-074755.png

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

That Chairman's statement....wow.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
After Nombe's birthday goal, time for another?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Big Bank e-ticket no_9 today for season ticket holders.

Status
Not open for further replies.