• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Ipswich Town match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Big game today and one I am confident we can get something from but it is a bit if a free hit fir us as everyone is expecting an Ipswich win today but we have so much ability in front of goal at the moment we seem to always be within a shout

🤞We put in a great performance and get 3 massive points

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is Budweiser available for disco pss drinkers?

SaintJames

Really looking forward to this game and have changed my normal Stagecoach seat to sample the atmosphere of the Bank. I think it will be a bit of a cagey affair both sides respecting each other. Town take the lead in the first half with a lucky strike that takes a deflection before Stanno equalises in the 80th minute for a deserved 1-1 draw. Crowd of 7,453

tom_ecfc

Thanks to the wonderful Grecian Archive we can read the match programme from their last (league) visit, 65 years ago.
https://grecianarchive.exeter.ac.uk/items/show/12494#gallery-2
I volunteer with the Grecian Archive, scanning programmes. We started off with around 50 a year and a half ago, we are currently up to over 3,000! We have a great team who work together sorting out the physical programmes and then myself and a few others scan and upload them onto the archive.

burtiew

Good to be back in Devon for this one. On our way into the City centre for a McDonalds breakfast! Then COYR!!!!!!

David Treharne

Almost Crowded House's Four seasons in one day. Overnight tempertaure down to 3c, wind from NW, and no shifting round to W and then by the look of the barometer to SW, so probably the bright Devon sunshine that's outside at the moment ( note it's on 5c - so don't be deceived) should continue until the end of the game, though it's likely to cloud over as the wind changes to SW. Too much information? Well we had 6mm of rain in the last 24 hours, mainly in the form of showers that affected only certain parts of the City at various times - however, we've had a really wet week, with Thursday night throwing down nearly 25mm of rain. The pitch looked really good yesterday and I'm looking forward to the game - although I could do without the 12 midday kick-off as it upsets my natural game day rhythm!
I'm hoping for a really good game of footballl, but have no idea about what the outcome will be.
Pretty obviously no 13:00 report this week and at the ground from 11, soaking up the atmosphere.
If you're aiming to park on the north side of the ground, be aware that the gas pipe laying has reached South View Terrace, some of Victoria Street and the tricky bit around the bottom of Devonshire Place.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Here we go then, I’m going for my hat trick of wins this season after two comebacks against Fleetwood and Peterborough. The moral of the story today then is: if we go behind, don’t panic, FBH has started the thread, City will come back and win.

Gonna be a tough one though, Ipswich are a good side. But so are we, let’s all have confidence and cheer the lads on to a famous victory, either from the stands or our lounges. I won’t be at the ground today unfortunately but will be shouting at the TV like a lunatic.

Enjoy the game lads and lasses, COYR.
You do know the German snipers get you on the third light!
So sad I can't be there today. Hope whoever is sat in my seat sees a magnificent win. UTC

denzel

Is Budweiser available for disco pss drinkers?
Banned!

manc grecian

I never know what time to eat with these midday kick offs. Pain in the arse

Alistair20000

Racing Post football section has a piece for this game. The writer thinks we will edge it with Jevani Sam and Jay Stansfield up front.

One point of concern. The ref Mr A Young has dished out 6 reds and 46 yellows in just 9 games.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.