• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Forum - Tues 22 November

SaintJames

The Trust is unfortunately a rather cumbersome beast that moves slowly often getting bogged down in procedure and process. Don't look for any entrepreneurial spirit.
I somewhat agree Al - that maybe so but should the Club employees not have the spirit you suggest? It's all too slow and cumbersome. In the time since we won promotion what can be realistically pointed out as tangible commercial improvements? The screen was already in process so not that :)

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I somewhat agree Al - that maybe so but should the Club employees not have the spirit you suggest? It's all too slow and cumbersome. In the time since we won promotion what can be realistically pointed out as tangible commercial improvements? The screen was already in process so not that :)
Yes I think it should come from the Club but the Trust could press the Club more. I focused on the Trust in my post as the answer to the point raised at the Forum came from the Trust. I assume it was Nick Hawker ?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have said this every Saturday on leaving S.J.P. after a game onto S James road, am surprised D.C. police do not try it as you say only needs 10 mins.
And OTR too. Though I guess we'd get a bill for it...

fred binneys head

Funnily enough though SaintJames I agree with you about the merchandising conversation. I wouldn’t say it was complacency, but there did seem to be a lack of urgency but maybe that was just the way Carrie (?) came across. When she asked the fans in the room if there was anything they wanted in the shop they could contact her and ask for it, it reminded me of Henry Ford’s famous quote about “if you’d asked my customers what they wanted they’d have said a quicker horse”. I expect our commercial team to come up with ideas, even if they just look at other clubs’ websites.

Getting standard products like polo shirts in shouldn’t be difficult, Christmas stuff from October onwards, summer stuff from March onwards, etc. I totally get the point about supply chain issues, but they’ve been known about since Brexit. We definitely could be doing better in this area, but I appreciated Carrie being there and answering questions. And I like the idea of the mobile sales unit and the relationship with John Lewis.

Bridgy 81

I think that sounds a bit harsh. To me he seemed like someone who doesn’t enjoy speaking in public but did his best to answer her questions. I work with plenty of people who are great at their job but the thought of speaking in front of a room of people and live on YouTube would fill them with dread. I wouldn’t book him as an after dinner speaker but I’m guessing he’s better as a football coach 😉
Also what stood out to me was the obvious camaraderie between Perks and Gary.
They’re obviously very comfortable in each other’s company and I get the sense that they probably complement each other in terms of their respective strengths and weaker areas.
Hopefully, with Kevin Nicholson, they make a well balanced coaching team with a combination of fresh ideas allied to knowledge of the club and it’s idiosyncrasies.

Alistair20000

Funnily enough though SaintJames I agree with you about the merchandising conversation. I wouldn’t say it was complacency, but there did seem to be a lack of urgency but maybe that was just the way Carrie (?) came across. When she asked the fans in the room if there was anything they wanted in the shop they could contact her and ask for it, it reminded me of Henry Ford’s famous quote about “if you’d asked my customers what they wanted they’d have said a quicker horse”. I expect our commercial team to come up with ideas, even if they just look at other clubs’ websites.

Getting standard products like polo shirts in shouldn’t be difficult, Christmas stuff from October onwards, summer stuff from March onwards, etc. I totally get the point about supply chain issues, but they’ve been known about since Brexit. We definitely could be doing better in this area, but I appreciated Carrie being there and answering questions. And I like the idea of the mobile sales unit and the relationship with John Lewis.
Carrie Gillam is Chief Commercial Officer so probably her

Scott_Palfrey

Scott
If the you need something like this I'll sponsor it

Thanks for the kind offer :) we will have a solution for the next one though!

Spoonz Red E

Thanks for the kind offer :) we will have a solution for the next one though!
Please let it be the voice changing karaoke mic ... 🎶 :cool:

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Please let it be the voice changing karaoke mic ... 🎶 :cool:
Nothing worse than Spoonz Karaoke - unless Craig B is worst !
UTC

Bridgy 81

I love karaoke.
My go to number is Poison by Alice Cooper, but I’ve got others up my sleeve if needed.