• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Politics Thread USA Edition

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
The more Musk posts on his own site the more apparent it becomes that he has far right sympathies and is eagerly looking forward to voting for Tump (if he gets the nomination) despite Trump mocking him:

Seems a complete and utter *****.
Ok, I beg to differ.

Sure, he likes blowing his own trumpet but you don't get to be the richest guy on the planet by accident.

Wrt Twitter, in a matter of weeks he's managed to halve the workforce without any impact to its operation. In fact, they've managed to eliminate much of the botting, whilst speeding up twitter in regions outside the US and Europe. Number of Twitter users and usage is up too. At the end of the day, Musk is just someone who gets things done.

You have to wonder what a lot of their staff did this time last year? Not much would be the answer.

Wrt Trump and his awaited return. I doubt he won't be able to resist it for much longer. He's got 87 million followers at his fingertips. And he's going for re-election. He's a fool if he doesn't dive back in.

Mr Jinx

On the subject of other potential candidates for 2024:

Wonder how Trump's son in law would feel about that?

iscalad

I see Jinxies pin up girl Sarah has lost again.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wrt Twitter, in a matter of weeks he's managed to halve the workforce without any impact to its operation. In fact, they've managed to eliminate much of the botting, whilst speeding up twitter in regions outside the US and Europe. Number of Twitter users and usage is up too. At the end of the day, Musk is just someone who gets things done.
This isn't true, there have been multiple technical problems since he took over. I don't know where you heard those other things, but I've not seen that anywhere.

Plus a lot of the staff he got rid of were in content moderation, not necessary for the technical side of the site, but has precipitated advertisers leaving in droves.

He gets things done alright, just not necessarily good things.

Mr Jinx

This isn't true, there have been multiple technical problems since he took over. I don't know where you heard those other things, but I've not seen that anywhere.

Plus a lot of the staff he got rid of were in content moderation, not necessary for the technical side of the site, but has precipitated advertisers leaving in droves.

He gets things done alright, just not necessarily good things.
Ok, let's see then shall we. Twitter's already made it past Monday when many were saying (hoping) it was going to cease to be.

I've not experienced one technical problem with it in the past month, so all good my end.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ok, let's see then shall we. Twitter's already made it past Monday when many were saying (hoping) it was going to cease to be.

I've not experienced one technical problem with it in the past month, so all good my end.
Oh well, if you haven't then I guess there can't be any.

Mr Jinx

Oh well, if you haven't then I guess there can't be any.
And you've not seen reports of its recent successes, so they can't have happened either.

🤷‍♂️

Grecian2K

And you've not seen reports of its recent successes, so they can't have happened either.

🤷‍♂️
Oh "Ye" of total faith! 🤩

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster

🤷‍♂️
Feel free to provide a source, I'd be interested to read them.

Mr Jinx

Feel free to provide a source, I'd be interested to read them.
Apres vous Monsieur