• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Forum - Tues 22 November

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Going back to Carrie and our current commercial team, I have to say they are the poorest we’ve had for some time. Watching Forum back and she quite frankly comes across as totally out of her depth. We are on a huge crest of a wave, yet we are struggling on several commercial activities which are both basic but can provide a huge financial boost for the club.
*DUPLICATE POST*

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
The merchandise available is absolutely pathetic and “putting it to the floor” multiple times when questioned was embarrassing.

There is no excuse.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the merchandising does a massive disservice to the likes of Scott and Craig who work so hard to polish the Exeter City brand into something really slick. This is no mean feat, what they achieve.

In an era where we’re racking up 1000s of views and followers, the tat that is on offer is shocking. Argyle are doing it much better - it doesn’t even have to be that creative/difficult. Keep it simple, keep it classy.

On the flip side of that we’ve massively missed the boat on the football as fashion resurgence in recent years. With the fan owned angle we could have done some great things.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
In an era where we’re racking up 1000s of views and followers, the tat that is on offer is shocking. Argyle are doing it much better - it doesn’t even have to be that creative/difficult. Keep it simple, keep it classy.
Alternatively, just use a bit of imagination. For instance, there's quite a lot of half-decent Exeter City themed stuff [as well as some proper tat] out there on Etsy and in similar places. See for instance:
Exeter City FC Classic Kits - 1932 to 2021 - A3/A4 Poster - Football Team Gift
Exeter City Legends Subbuteo-style T-shirt
Exeter City – The Grecians 21-22 Poster
ECFC – St James Park Exeter Poster
Why not talk to some of the people involved in these things about, say, stocking them in the club shop or even, perhaps, producing special limited edition signed prints?!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm glad we're re-establishing our relationship with The Terrace. Looking forward to spending some of my hard earned cash with them .

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think it's a little harsh to criticise an employee on the basis of an appearance on a YouTube video. We don't employ them on the basis of their online presentation skills!

SaintJames

I think it's a little harsh to criticise an employee on the basis of an appearance on a YouTube video. We don't employ them on the basis of their online presentation skills!
Im not sure she is being criticised on her presentation skills is she? I have questioned what she has achieved and we rightly laud the jobs the media boys do and the job that Chaz does. Whilst it may be uncomfortable not to lavish praise on everyone I would say again in the time since we won promotion what can be realistically pointed out as tangible commercial improvements? The commercial part of the club have targets like everyone does one assumes? If we cant increase commercial revenue when we are at the top of our game that to me should be an area to be questioned. There may be improvements in the club operation somewhere but in attending games at SJP my focus is on the food offering, the club shop and sponsorship in the programme. None of these appear to be realising the potential they should be.

Bootroom

We are leaving thousands on the table. Why do you think the likes of Kenniford Farm pay to sell their wares at the ground? Because it’s hugely profitable for them to do so! Surely the Commercial department do research and see what other clubs are producing. I work with a business who do a very simply curry concept. Easy to manage - will sell plenty, cheap to produce (and if there is wastage will be 200-300% cheaper then chucking a sausage roll or pasty away.

This is just one example of many concepts just on the food side. Lets alone all other commercial aspects.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
At least we're not with this lot (as Newport County are)

Thames Valley Red

I'm glad we're re-establishing our relationship with The Terrace. Looking forward to spending some of my hard earned cash with them .
We dont make much money from the deal and their are better local options. Harrier in Newton Abbott with Trust members on the management team, could offer more profitable goods. some fans even ear their own shirts produced by them. If a youth football team can make more from their brand working in the evenings, what is going on.