• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Oxford Utd v Exeter City : FAC 2nd Round : MDT

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Today was worrying for me, not the result but the performance. Every single player except Jamal, Stanno and possibly Archie was utterly abject. Misplaced passes, ponderous beyond belief, telegraphed balls, missed tackles, it was embarrassing.

I genuinely don’t know what GC is going to do with them after that, he can’t just change a player or two as they were all terrible. And he didn’t cover himself in glory either, if playing Josh left midfield / up front is the answer then you’re asking the wrong question. He was awful but I at least had sympathy for him.

And sweenz can point the blame at others if he wants, but he was just as shiite as the rest of them.

I still love them all to bits, but they’ve got a lot of making up to do with me.
To be fair, Sweenz did say he didn't play well either.
As he said , the defence has been a concern all season.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't worry about the defence. In 3 weeks time we have Stubbs back, he'll sort them out.

Trampus

Don't worry about the defence. In 3 weeks time we have Stubbs back, he'll sort them out.
The defence hasn’t been a concern, it’s been a compete disaster. I really don’t know what GC can do about it except spend money in January, Sweeney/Hartridge/Diabate really won’t hack it in Div 1. Stubbs will never play for us or anyone else again.

Cowshed Grecian

I’m a bit worried after that to be honest, I’m not sure what GC was thinking in some of those selection decisions today. He might in the process of stamping his own mark on the team I just pray he knows what he is doing.

milts

I’m a bit worried after that to be honest, I’m not sure what GC was thinking in some of those selection decisions today. He might in the process of stamping his own mark on the team I just pray he knows what he is doing.
His track record suggests otherwise unfortunately.

crocks

If a full week of hard training produces a performance like that, give them some days off

DawlishBouy

The defence hasn’t been a concern, it’s been a compete disaster. I really don’t know what GC can do about it except spend money in January, Sweeney/Hartridge/Diabate really won’t hack it in Div 1. Stubbs will never play for us or anyone else again.
Before the injuries started kicking in that was the defence that conceded just 5 goals in the first 7 games of the season.

dontpassback

Just watched the lowlights,chieck needs to concentrate from kick off,and the other goals scored by Oxford were quite simply an embarrassment !

Ashford Grecian

And I thought the England performance was bad enough last night 🤦It was like they had never been introduced to each other let alone played together. Very worrying signs following on from a poor show against Ipswich last week. Never seen so many misplaced passes and complete lack of cohesion.

fred binneys head

Yeah, fair enough. My comment was made before I’d seen the interview and was based on someone saying he’d called Cheick out, but actually his interview was spot on.

So disappointing today, haven’t seen us play that badly for many a year. Big reaction needed at morecambe on Friday.