• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World Cup : Qatar Nov/Dec 2022.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Another cracker today. South Korea and Ghana.

Mr Jinx

We're pretty shit really aren't we?
Don't be surprised if Southgate throws the game tonight (losing one nil) in order to not top the group (and face France in the qtrs).

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Alistair20000

Don't be surprised if Southgate throws the game tonight (losing one nil) in order to not top the group (and face France in the qtrs).
That aged badly

iscalad

That aged badly
Just like his politics 😅

Mr Jinx

That aged badly
And so Southgate goes and shows he has even less nous than I give him credit for. Having said that, Wales were so awful by all accounts (some people are saying they're possibly the worst European team ever to make it to the finals...I'm struggling to think of worse, how about you?)...that it would've been extremely difficult to throw anything away.

Now he's going to face the small matter of France in the quarters, a team that I fancy as clear favourites to win the whole thing. That's if England even get past Senegal who won't be a pushover, Mane or no Mane. You don't really want to be facing a physical African team in the heat.

So let's see, England have beaten two pub teams but struggled when playing a bang average side in the USA. Of course, were England to actually beat France, then I'll have to eat my words and give credit where it's due. They then could and should be winning the tourney, but they'd still have a couple of games left to completely balls it up.

Antony Moxey

Southgate really has had an affair with your wife, hasn’t he?

Alistair20000

And so Southgate goes and shows he has even less nous than I give him credit for. Having said that, Wales were so awful by all accounts (some people are saying they're possibly the worst European team ever to make it to the finals...I'm struggling to think of worse, how about you?)...that it would've been extremely difficult to throw anything away.

Now he's going to face the small matter of France in the quarters, a team that I fancy as clear favourites to win the whole thing. That's if England even get past Senegal who won't be a pushover, Mane or no Mane. You don't really want to be facing a physical African team in the heat.

So let's see, England have beaten two pub teams but struggled when playing a bang average side in the USA. Of course, were England to actually beat France, then I'll have to eat my words and give credit where it's due. They then could and should be winning the tourney, but they'd still have a couple of games left to completely balls it up.
I can agree it is a bit of a farce when a team as poor as Wales reaches the last 32. They would struggle against a Championship team IMHO.

Whether Wales are the worst team ever to qualify is debatable and would require a long historical review.

Even more dross likely to be rocking up in 2026 with the preposterous expansion planned.

Mr Jinx

I can agree it is a bit of a farce when a team as poor as Wales reaches the last 32. They would struggle against a Championship team IMHO.

Whether Wales are the worst team ever to qualify is debatable and would require a long historical review.

Even more dross likely to be rocking up in 2026 with the preposterous expansion planned.
Wales certainly not the worst team ever (who can forget Zaire in 1974?), but possibly the worst European team ever. Feel a bit sorry for Italy watching it all from the sidelines.

Complete farce that you have Kieffer Moore (i.e. Andy Carroll without the frills) gracing the world stage, instead of Erling Haaland.

Don't know how FIFA can get around the farce. Reduce the number of teams and you get more good teams missing out. Increase the number of teams and you get more dross.

Alistair20000

Wales certainly not the worst team ever (who can forget Zaire in 1974?), but possibly the worst European team ever. Feel a bit sorry for Italy watching it all from the sidelines.

Complete farce that you have Kieffer Moore (i.e. Andy Carroll without the frills) gracing the world stage, instead of Erling Haaland.

Don't know how FIFA can get around the farce. Reduce the number of teams and you get more good teams missing out. Increase the number of teams and you get more dross.
Italy messed up by failing to qualify. I have no sympathy for them.

Mr Jinx

Italy messed up by failing to qualify. I have no sympathy for them.
Well yeah, who could not feel the slightest sense of schadenfreude when they ballsed up against the mighty North Macedonia.

But then the flip side is that you then get pubs teams like Wales in their place, who England go and batter for us to wake up to cries of 'it's coming home, it's coming home....etc.'. I guess you can't win.