• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bolton Wanderers - Matchday Thread

He often does but for some reason, this isnt generally noted.
Can you you provide stats to back up this assertion. Otherwise I suspect it's utter bollix.

Red Monster

He lives in Exeter.
He’s talking about himself not Caldwell 🤔

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bolton have been very good at shutting us down and their attacking play down their left has been excellent. But we have looked weirdly weak, like we're not used to playing to any intensity. Hard to say why exactly, and I hope it's only temporary. I think Kite Kegs and Collins are not used to playing together as a three and it certainly shows.

Radio Free Skaro

That is as bad a 45minutes from us as I have seen in a long, long time.
Only 2-0 though.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’m confident we’ll play better in the second half and if we score first who knows? Bolton are playing well and our young lads are getting schooled a bit, this is what league 1 is about guys.

The effort is there, it’s tracking the runs and knowing where the opposition is that’s the problem, as well as Bolton playing a very effective press against us.

We’ll do well to stay up this season, it will be a big achievement.

Fareham Grecian

Glad I didn't spend £10 on ifollow.
****** off that I did

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Something wrong with the off field preparations when everyone has a bad match at the same time.When you are losing the ball so often,that's the time you stop playing intricate passing moves out of defence.Only alternative is to load their box as quickly as possible and bombard it as often as possible.

Comedy moment in the commentary when they said Caldwell needs to have words with his players at halftime.He should be having a word with himself first.He dictates the tactics which have been completely unsuitable against this team.He still has a chance though.An early goal will change everything.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Caldwell is trying to implement his own ideas on how he wants the team to play. It looks like the players are really confused. They appear to have no clear idea of what they supposed to be doing.

Diabate is a train crash...need at least 2 central defenders in the window.

Bat Fastard

A very disappointing half but it's amazing how quickly some people have forgotten how well we played last week and are already writing off the manager.
we've won 1 in 7 and have turned from being a neat and tidy outfit to a bit of a shamble. in amongst that caldwell's made a few very questionable team selections....it's hardly surprising some people are moaning

red1

Diabate is lost playing on the right of a three. He needs to be central but we havent got anyone else with a right foot. He is getting murdered out there