• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cameron Dawson {signs on loan for Exeter!}

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
What did you do to upset him so much to do that ?
He was cycling no-handed trying to do the strap of his bike hat up under his chin and didn't see me.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
So did Chris Waddle. He nearly ran me over on his bike outside Hillsborough once.
He missed. Story of his life.

To be a pedant....it was Chris Wood.

Chris Woods played in goal for Wednesday in the Nineties.
He still missed whatever his name is 😀

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I find it amazing Stockdales been keeping him out the side until now - looks old and unfit to me. Seems strange man management from Moore to recall a player flying high on confidence and bench him for a journeyman on his way out. Delighted that cams seized his opportunity, can’t be easy with that crowd
What makes it even worse is that he signed Stockdale on presumably very good wages when he already had Cam Dawson.

elginCity

They know …. !

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wednesday's record since Cam was recalled is stunning. After looking pretty mediocre against us they've now had four wins and a draw in the league, a win over Newcastle in the Cup and only conceded 2 goals in the 6 games. We knew Cam was good but that's some impact he's having on the team.

andrew p long

Wednesday's record since Cam was recalled is stunning. After looking pretty mediocre against us they've now had four wins and a draw in the league, a win over Newcastle in the Cup and only conceded 2 goals in the 6 games. We knew Cam was good but that's some impact he's having on the team.
Very important to make the most of this. We need more players and they are more likely to be loans than permanent signings. The pitch can be 'your previously injured out of form player can be transformed by a regular spell playing for us - you know loaning him to us for peanuts makes football sense for him and you'.

Bridgy 81

Very important to make the most of this. We need more players and they are more likely to be loans than permanent signings. The pitch can be 'your previously injured out of form player can be transformed by a regular spell playing for us - you know loaning him to us for peanuts makes football sense for him and you'.
I agree that we should ‘promote’ the success of Cam’s loan stay with us and although we obviously gave him that opportunity it’s to his credit, hard work and skill that he made the most of it.
From what I’ve read since he’s very appreciative of the chance he had with us and where it’s led.
Good luck to him.

Last edited:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree that we should ‘promote’ the success of Cam’s loan stay with us and although we obviously gave him that opportunity it’s to his credit, hard work and skill that he made the most of the it.
From what I’ve read since he’s very appreciative of the chance he had with us and where it’s led.
Good luck to him.
He's a top keeper and a top character. Good for him.

Colesman Ballz

Cameron ain't the only one. Another example is Dara O'Shea, his loan spell with us led not only to becoming a first team regular at WBA but to International caps with the Republic of Ireland.