• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
The only one of those players who can just "walk away" in the summer is Jevani. Nombe has another 18 months left under contract and only if there is a release clause in this contract, which is met, can he automatically leave earlier, and In Key's case we will be entitled to compensation by means of a tribunal. None of them may well not end up at SJP next season, but there is no need to go into "Panic mode" now and flog them off wholesale for "peanuts". What message does that give out ?
Who said anything about flogging them for peanuts?

Average Joe

It's this time of year where we need to get our lads on a flight to Australia for a couple of day break and by the time they land, switch the phones on the window will be closed.

I'm hoping the phone masts are faulty near the cat and fiddle.

We do not have time to replace Nombe if he does leave.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Who said anything about flogging them for peanuts?
Given the club's heritage it should at least be Brazil nuts.

Boyo

Jev is the only one who can leave in the summer for zero. Sam will have 12 months left, whilst Key and Archie are under 24, so we'd get compensation.

If we can get a 4-5 hundred grand now for Jev, I think we should take it. My guess is that the money would be used to sign the lad from Hull on a 2.5 year deal.

denzel

If these rumours and articles turn out not to be true, someone will have a lot of explaining to do

robchave

Remember, all these players who we're talking about leaving, came to us as players who had not been having great careers or had come through our academy. We develop them, or put their career back on track, then we cash in and move on to the next 'project'. That's our model. We can't afford to buy in the finished product.
So, by definition, successful players will leave us and unknown, stalled or 'iffy' players will come in.
It's who we are and, until we can generate a higher on-going income level, it's who were always going to be.

Having said that, I hope we can keep Jev until the end of the season - and maximise our return from Key and Nombe.

Boyo

If these rumours and articles turn out not to be true, someone will have a lot of explaining to do
Its the transfer window. Every six months there are numerous rumours and articles and the vast majority are not true or don't materialise. The difference is that this time we seem to be much more heavily involved than normal.

JCWhoosh

I like what I have seen in White and maybe he can push up to number 10 if we were to lose Brown.

Bat Fastard

Do you really think that the height of our ambition is a swift return to League 2 with a large bank balance ? Yeah great plan, let's sell Jevani, Nombe, Key and anyone else we can, watch results go into free fall, attendances plummet and end up as one of the richer clubs in League 2 next year, with gates back to 4k and the momentum of "Project 6000" in tatters. Strewth ! :unsure:
hit the nail on the head here chap, project 6000 requires exciting football and footballers, we'll be back down to 4000 gates extremely quickly if we start replacing them with scottish oil tankers

Grecian Max

Screw business effin sense as far as jev is concerned. I want him here, enjoying his football and scoring sublime goals for us that still yet could get us a play off place.
If he wants out, then the second part might not well follow.

You buy into the way we run - this is the outcome. We can't stand in players ways.