• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Sam Stubbs (and Cheerio)

JCWhoosh

Seems strange to let Stubbs go saying he couldn't guarantee game time. Maybe GC is looking to go to a back 4 so there is more competition for 2 spaces 🤔

milts

I think GC feels Cheick and Aimson are ahead of Stubbs for the central position.

Number13

Mixed feelings about this. Stubbs was great, in fact he was brilliant when he played, but he simply wasn't fit enough to justify keeping him. He basically played less than half a season in 2 years with us.

If he plays consistently now for Bradford then part of me will feel a bit annoyed.
Spot on and the only Stubbs post you need

CWH-NYC_

Totally agree, I don’t believe we’d have been promoted if it wasn’t for Stubbs and Cheick coming in in January. Not many games, but a season-defining impact. We were good for him but he was definitely good for us. I wish him well.
That is certainly how I see it, his older shoulders and family history providing a solid base for Cheick, who IMO has not been the same without his pal Stubbs alongside.

lamrobhero

From Bradford City Website:

... The 24-year-old centre-back (Sam Stubbs) arrives at the University of Bradford Stadium on a deal until the end of the 2023/24 season. ...

So they must have some confidence about his fitness.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sent them a picture of someone else's knee

andrew p long

From Bradford City Website:

... The 24-year-old centre-back (Sam Stubbs) arrives at the University of Bradford Stadium on a deal until the end of the 2023/24 season. ...

So they must have some confidence about his fitness.
that's a contract for 16 months. Well worth the gamble, bearing in mind that if he's fully fit for half of that time, it will go a long way to getting Bradford promoted from League Two.

DB9

STURTZ

Sent them a picture of someone else's knee
Was there a question mark against it?

Colesman Ballz

During their struggles against us last season, the Bantams Talk board contained a fair number of posters expressing the wish that they had Matt Jay in their team, who they saw as the difference between the teams !