• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harry Lee

DawlishBouy

Harry replaces 22 year old Plymouth Argyle keeper Adam Parkes who was meant to have been on loan to Parkway until the end of the season. It will be interesting to see if Parkway's supporters consider Harry an upgrade.

Grecianman135

Bit of a lower level than expected for a loan for him but hope he does well 👍

Bridgy 81

I thought the same, but I suppose the important thing is that he gets a lot of game time between now and the end of the season.
So, on that basis, experience of playing is perhaps more important than the level it’s at?
Plus the fact that it’s Plymouth Parkway presumably means he’ll continue training with us which is a bonus.

Last edited:

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought the same, but I suppose the important thing is that he gets a lot of game time between now and the end of the season.
So, on that basis, experience of playing is perhaps more important than the level it’s at?
Plus the fact that at Plymouth Parkway’s level he’ll presumably continue training everyday with us is a bonus.
He's playing alongside Harrison in defence so what better way to learn from each other.

Bridgy 81

He's playing alongside Harrison in defence so what better way to learn from each other.
For when they’re in our first team together in a couple of years time?

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
The same level he would've been playing at had he not been recalled. He'll get plenty of gametime and experience.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Plus the fact that it’s Plymouth Parkway presumably means he’ll continue training with us which is a bonus.
With keepers the level matters a lot less than for outfield players

Grecianman135

With keepers the level matters a lot less than for outfield players
True to a certain extent I guess but a league slightly higher would have really pushed Lee further as he's ment to be "the next big thing" and all that I just think it would of helped his stock further and been a better test for him.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
True to a certain extent I guess but a league slightly higher would have really pushed Lee further as he's ment to be "the next big thing" and all that I just think it would of helped his stock further and been a better test for him.
He needs minutes and the goalkeeper position isn't something many clubs are going to hand to a kid - don't think with his experience at this stage he'd be able to go into the National League as an example (or even South)

Next season the aim has to be NLS I think. I can't see GC going with him as it stands as no.1 whereas I think MT was making moves towards that.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
He needs minutes and the goalkeeper position isn't something many clubs are going to hand to a kid - don't think with his experience at this stage he'd be able to go into the National League as an example (or even South)

Next season the aim has to be NLS I think. I can't see GC going with him as it stands as no.1 whereas I think MT was making moves towards that.
It would be very high risk, to go with a largely untried 18 year old as a number one. It could be high reward too, but this is generally not the way we do things here at City (Christy Pym excluded of course).