• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

robchave

You do have to ask what a modern, professional sportsman was doing out in the 'early hours of Thursday morning' during the season?

TotnesGrecian

You do have to ask what a modern, professional sportsman was doing out in the 'early hours of Thursday morning' during the season?
Either very annoyed he didn't get a move to Portsmouth as I said, or celebrating a pre contractual agreement with Portsmouth perhaps?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Either very annoyed he didn't get a move to Portsmouth as I said, or celebrating a pre contractual agreement with Portsmouth perhaps?
Or both !
Looks like we are going to have to get used to life without JB sooner than we hoped.

wiveygrecian

Assault by beating is the lowest grade , below ABH . Probably no visible injury. It’s not regarded as a serious assault . I hope he gets a fine and we move on .

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thing is, if Josh Coley or Nelson Iseguan did this and was subsequently convicted, the club could really easily (and rightly) dismiss them and it’d be an easy decision to make.

Trouble is, the club knows how much of a key player he is and I wonder if there will be more of a temptation to be lenient towards Jevani. If he plays again, it could see a big backlash which we can’t afford as a family club.

Jevani was in my top 3 - loved him but he’s ruined it. ****.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thing is, if Josh Coley or Nelson Iseguan did this and was subsequently convicted, the club could really easily (and rightly) dismiss them and it’d be an easy decision to make.

Trouble is, the club knows how much of a key player he is and I wonder if there will be more of a temptation to be lenient towards Jevani. If he plays again, it could see a big backlash which we can’t afford as a family club.

Jevani was in my top 3 - loved him but he’s ruined it. ****.
Pure rubbish speculation, wait for the outcome. The Club doesn't have a difficult decision to make anyway, his contract is up in the summer and no transfer fee is involved. It comes down to whether they decide to offer him a new contract or not.

Leads

Assault by beating is the lowest grade , below ABH . Probably no visible injury. It’s not regarded as a serious assault . I hope he gets a fine and we move on .
Jeez. I really think the fact that he's a footballer (and a good one at that) is clouding some people's judgement. Do you have any empathy for the woman he has been charged with assaulting?

CityTillIDie

Was my favourite player we’ve had in a long time! What a shame!

i8cornwall

I dunno mate, the accusation doesn't look great

Personally could get my head round more of a The Terrace situation (sort of, wasn't ideal but could see how it can happen - any bloke knows that there are people looking to be knobheads in town for no reason) but this one is pretty much impossible to justify in terms of what the Devon Live article has said. Innocent until proven guilty of course but I can't see how the club & JB can have a tenable relationship. This would go for any club too, not just one that purports to be more community based.
No I agree they don't and as you say innocent till proven guilty and I'm not going to join the bandwagon of rumours as till the police or the courts convict or find him not guilty we only know what's in the press.

The point I was trying to make is the fake moral outrage from some sections of our fan base is a joke and these things are not as clear cut as people make out or think they are, for example and i cant stress that enough for example! if what ever reason Javani is found not guiltily of this then those fans will be the first to sing his name from the rafters at a game or do they expect the club to still sack him?

Only thing I will say is its clear the bloke probably some problems of one sort or another and if he does then I hope the club and everyone involved helps guide him to get any help or rehabilitation he might need, if anything so he or others aren't involved in this again and risk messing up their already short careers in football and even post life in the game.