• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Tim Long

This week 1986

The cover of TV Times is advertising the new series of In Loving Memory. This would be the 5th & final season(37 episodes) of the Yorkshire TV produced Sitcom about a Funeral Directors in the 1930s.
Christopher Beeny(1941-2020) was perhaps best known for playing Edward Barnes the chauffeur in Upstairs Downstairs in the 1970s.
Sherrie Hewson has been in numerous productions, inc Crossroads, Benidorm & Emmerdale, her most well known role was playing Maureen Holdsworth in Coronation St during the mid 1990s.

View attachment 10954
I thought at first glance Thora Hird was showing the happy couple a red card.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Oldsmobile-88

I thought at first glance Thora Hird was showing the happy couple a red card.
Perhaps recording the names in her note book.

Thora Hird later to be made a Dame was part of the furniture on a late Sunday afternoon with Praise Be ! (1973-90) A spin off from Songs of Praise. My dear old gran would be singing along to both programmes.

2B59984B-EA50-4E98-A692-361315158D76.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

It will no doubt have massive publicity. Reviving a comedy format that was written & produced over 45 years ago will be very difficult. Expectations will be very high.

Alistair20000

It will no doubt have massive publicity. Reviving a comedy format that was written & produced over 45 years ago will be very difficult. Expectations will be very high.
Agreed. Some good things are best left to stand alone.

Reactions: DB9

Alistair20000

This is what The Manchester Guardian has to say

Oldsmobile-88

9th February 1986

A interesting programme called My Britain on Channel 4.
In the first episode Miles Copeland gives his view of the British music entertainment industry. Copeland was well placed to comment on it. He managed The Police during their mega rise from early 1978 onwards, his brother Stewart was the drummer in the group. Managed & oversaw a few others in the music industry around that era. He also set up I.R.S. record label which iirc was the US offshoot of A & M records.

DAE7A83E-A237-4F8C-80B1-C299591A83B1.jpeg

Colesman Ballz

9th February 1986

A interesting programme called My Britain on Channel 4.
In the first episode Miles Copeland gives his view of the British music entertainment industry. Copeland was well placed to comment on it. He managed The Police during their mega rise from early 1978 onwards, his brother Stewart was the drummer in the group. Managed & oversaw a few others in the music industry around that era. He also set up I.R.S. record label which iirc was the US offshoot of A & M records.

View attachment 10963
He also managed Wishbone Ash.

Oldsmobile-88

^^^^
Mentioning Steward Copeland reminds me of the time I literally bumped into him in the wonderful Kensington High St Indoor Market around 1980/81, we were both looking at a natty pair of leather boots priced at £70 😎 A fair wedge back then.
Marc Almond was also doing a bit of shopping that morning in the establishment. A great place for a bit of music star spotting.

Colesman Ballz

^^^^
Mentioning Steward Copeland reminds me of the time I literally bumped into him in the wonderful Kensington High St Indoor Market around 1980/81, we were both looking at a natty pair of leather boots priced at £70 😎 A fair wedge back then.
Marc Almond was also doing a bit of shopping that morning in the establishment. A great place for a bit of music star spotting.
Stewart Copeland was married to Sonja Krystina of Curved Air between 1982 and 1991, lucky beggar ! ❤