• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Shrewsbury Town. Matchday Thread.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a stupid post. If we’d taken our chances we would have won by a country mile. According to the stats they had 10 shots to our nine and we had three on target to their one.
I raise to your idiotic post - who hit the bar when it was easier to score ?
Clue - it wasn't a team in red & white !
How many games have we now seen with similar performances where we should have but didn't ?
Clue - more than we have won !
UTC

StudentGrecian

Stanno up top alone was never gonna work. Brings back bad memories of MT trying to force Seymour to play the Bowman role.

Grecianpasty

Other than Mcdonald, Will Aimson had a very good game. Good on the ball and not afraid to carry it forward.

We lacked a creative spark, which would have been Joe White but he doesn't get involved in play enough.

red1

A fully match fit Mcdonald is a class player. Always looking for the ball, and seems to find space. Aimsom and Hartridge quality. Mitchell again needs more game time but looks a clever player. We definitely miss Mr Brown in that creator role. Unfortunately once again Stanno isnt cutting it up top(especially on his own). Best laugh so far this week was sponsors giving Key MOM !!! The boy struggled out there tonight.

StudentGrecian

I’m not sure I want to see the same line up next game, but I certainly think we need some stability.

Plan for life without Jev, whichever way he pleads on Thursday he won’t be available for the foreseeable imo. GC was no stranger to dropping him anyway, so it’s weird how reliant we seem on his creativity now.

denzil

Toothless !!!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I enjoyed the game and thought we played well. Shrewsbury are a good side in very good form and we're really well organised and difficult to break down. They had some good chances but we generally dictated play.

I thought we should of had a penalty for a pull on stanno in the box. Anywhere else on the pitch and the ref gives a free kick so it should have been a pen.

Aimson and Grounds both played well. Overall I'm not concerned, I like what I saw.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a shame to see and hear one or two 'fans' abusing Archie as he came over to the Stanno stand to see and collect a card from a fan at the end.

Idiots with very short memories.
That's awful. Archie deserves significantly better than that.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Key was again terrible. Pains me to think how much we could have offloaded him for a while back. Destined for League 2 once someone gives him a contract he doesn't deserve in this league for a season (or, bizarrely above)

McDonald head and shoulders above the rest.

We seem to give the ball most to Stanno, Key and White atm all of whom are very hit and miss.

No end result in the final third as has been mentioned, however Shrewsbury have been smashing teams and we matched them tonight. Not a great run atm without Jevani - we massively miss his creative spark...

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I didn't watch or listen tonight so won't comment on performance or individual performances.

A baffling starting xi, but a decent point. 11 to go