• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Shrewsbury Town. Matchday Thread.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Stagecoach Stand is good, but there's a real problem with bird sh@t on many of the seats. Gulls are using it to roost in the roof and now lots of seats are covered in the stuff. The club needs to address this with bird spikes on the rafters.
I endorse this criticism. The concrete foot area of my seat was covered in bird sh!te but fortunately not the seat itself.

The seat in front of mine was covered in the disgusting stuff too but went unoccupied or maybe someone found another seat. Although it was dry it was thoroughly unpleasant. A pre match clean up ought to have been done. I should have mentioned it to a steward really.

red1

Agree with most of this. However, it’s clear to me [if not the manager] that Key is much more effective played deeper. At wing back, at least he gets you 40 or 50 yards up the pitch with some regularity, deployed further forward he doesn’t have the opportunity to do that.
Maybe Caldwell doesnt trust Key in a defensive role, and is trying to convert him into a forward ??

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
How Sam Nombe isn’t playing I will never understand - who was the lad who came on up top before him?
Admittedly, it’s very early days but in his two appearances off the bench at SJP I’ve seen diddly squat from Scott. As far as I can recall, the sum total of his 30-odd minutes this evening was four or five unsuccessful attempts to fall over and win a free kick. Certainly, on what we’ve seen thus far, it’s a lot easier to understand how we acquired him on a free transfer than how Hull parted with a £1m for him!

denzel

The Stagecoach Stand is good, but there's a real problem with bird sh@t on many of the seats. Gulls are using it to roost in the roof and now lots of seats are covered in the stuff. The club needs to address this with bird spikes on the rafters.
Take a wet wipe next time

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Is there a reason Sam Nombe isn’t playing that I’ve missed?

The lad Scott who came on didn’t have a kick.

denzel

We really need to stop letting p#ssed up people in hospitality choose the man of the match. Whoever chose Key can't have been sober

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
We really need to stop letting p#ssed up people in hospitality choose the man of the match. Whoever chose Key can't have been sober
Yeah that was an odd one.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I must be getting grumpy but I thought both sides were pretty poor tonight. Very few positives, I lost count of the misplaced passes and it would probably have been 0-0 if they had played another hour. Though how the hell did Shrewsbury win 6 games in a row?

The only thing that made me smile was when they announced Key as MoM. :ROFLMAO:

grecIAN Harris

It was the worst decision since the one when Ryan Harley was given MoM after having an absolute mare

manc grecian

Maybe Caldwell doesnt trust Key in a defensive role, and is trying to convert him into a forward ??
Good luck with that. Nombe was rested so thought the uninspiring Scott should've started.