• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Kevin McDonald (and Cheerio)

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of all the January window signings McDonald looks by far the best piece of business if we can keep him fit. Our new and improved David Noble if you will (Sorry this those having nightmares about Tisdale)

The only gutting aspect to this transfer is he 34 and not 24.

Boyo

Mcdonald looks a really good player, the anchor of the midfield and with a bit more fitness I'd imagine he'll score a few as well. If I remember correctly we only signed him until the end of the season? Hopefully we can tie him down for next year. A great player.
The guy oozes quality and does the simple things really well, always wants the ball and keeps it moving. He's a real leader too, organising everyone around him. He's probably lost a yard of pace and isn't getting any younger, which is a concern.

Bridgy 81

It's nice to read that people appreciate the skills and usefulness of 'Senior Red's sponsored' Kevin McDonald!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's nice to read that people appreciate the skills and usefulness of 'Senior Red's sponsored' Kevin McDonald!
Made me and my mates laugh - very apt.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hes only 34. Still a pup!

If we can get 2 good seasons out of him that'll be perfect. Retire at 36 and slot him in to the coaching staff.

cambmike

The guy oozes quality and does the simple things really well, always wants the ball and keeps it moving. He's a real leader too, organising everyone around him. He's probably lost a yard of pace and isn't getting any younger, which is a concern.
I've long thought we have been short of this sort of player - Matt Grimes was great in this sort of role and has continued so well at Swansea

Kevin oozed class last night. Always made himself available, great passing, comfortable on the ball and a shade unlucky not to score. Clearly he got tired after about 70 minutes, but if keeping fit will be bossing the midfield until the end of the season. At 34 still looks too good for this league. A friend of mine who is a Fulham supporter said before his operation he was their best player.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hes only 34. Still a pup!

If we can get 2 good seasons out of him that'll be perfect. Retire at 36 and slot him in to the coaching staff.
and only just 34. He doesn't turn 35 until November next season. I very much hope we can get him on a contract for next season (he's currently only signed for this season)

Squeezebox

Thought he was excellent last night.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree with all the positive comments about Kevin MacDonald. I thought he was excellent. MOTM for me.