• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Cambridge Utd - Discussion and prediction thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A week in football is long time they might say.

Crucial match for player and morale but it's still only three points at stake.

However much the fans may dislike Caldwell's tinkering with the line-up we will need to do so because Harper's enforced absence. We also need to find some creativity somewhere. Will McDonald being back in the team be that player?

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Same lineup that started against Shrewsbury only swap Jay for Nombe with Key on the right side of midfield 😉

Harper missing can only be a good thing 👍🏻

grecIAN Harris

A week in football is long time they might say.

Crucial match for player and morale but it's still only three points at stake.

However much the fans may dislike Caldwell's tinkering with the line-up we will need to do so because Harper's enforced absence. We also need to find some creativity somewhere. Will McDonald being back in the team be that player?
I bloody hope so. His experience and ability is vital to pull us through this slump in form at the moment.

Rosencrantz

Same lineup that started against Shrewsbury only swap Jay for Nombe with Key on the right side of midfield 😉

Harper missing can only be a good thing 👍🏻
I might be missing something but Key did play RM/RW against Shrewsbury and had a bit of a shocker.

grecIAN Harris

I might be missing something but Key did play RM/RW against Shrewsbury and had a bit of a shocker.
And that's understating it somewhat............

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I expect another 0-1 loss to a soft late goal.

That way I can be pleasantly surprised if we win.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I expect it’ll be a nervy first 20 mins or so and the first goal is crucial. IF we can sneak ahead I can see our confidence growing and we’ll win comfortably.

I’ll be optimistic and say 3-0 City. Nombe x 2 and Stanno.

I expect that me and 8 others from Wiltshire will be in attendance and we are expecting a win!

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Saturday is a big game now, and we could definitely use a win to settle everyone down.

I'd like to see a more orthodox 3-5-2 which I think would allow us to be solid out of possession but hopefully give us more of a threat in possession. The midfield could be McDonald sitting and Kite and Collins playing as #8's having a bit more freedom to go forward and support the play. Neither Collins and Kite can play as #10's, but could play as #8's or McDonald could be higher with either Collins and Kite sitting etc.

I'd go for:
GK) Blackman
RWB) Key
RCB) Sweeney
CB) Aimson
LCB) Hartridge
LWB) Caprice
CM) McDonald
CM) Kite
CM) Collins
F) Nombe
F) Stansfield

Subs:
Woods
Grounds
Sparkes
Chauke
Scott
White
Mitchell

Banksy

Scoreless draw with both teams being relieved at getting a point.