• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 22/23

jase 07

This the list that I've been working from as the current U18s. That's 14 players. Tough decisions, even if we retain as professionals a record breaking 8/9.
[/QUOTE

Scott Simmons is a first year Scholar

Christian

I thought Joe Wragg was a third year scholar? I think it will 4/5 from the above....excluding Harry/Sonny

Nigel E

This the list that I've been working from as the current U18s. That's 14 players. Tough decisions, even if we retain as professionals a record breaking 8/9.
Seem to remember Caldwell saying something about wanting to rectify the lack of an under 23 side at the club. (Partly a consequence of a number of players like Dyer, Dodd etc being released last summer, I suppose). So maybe a one or two more will get kept on to provide the foundation for that?

AmberRed

a lengthy write up of the week's activity. The new U18s coach putting down a marker; showing the players what he's about and us supporters that lots going on under him. Let's hope this is the start of a period of stability in the U18 team coaching after the upheavals of this season.

Meanwhile, there was (IIRC) mention that the national released players trials were taking place (?) in the piece on Cheikh Diabate a week or so ago. Which reminds me - when do we find out which U18s have been offered/signed pro contracts? Five so far was a number mentioned including Cox and Lee. GC said Beardmore too and my best guess for the other two is James and King. But would be nice to hear soon (though perhaps there is continuing uncertainty/talks going on)
Just read this, can't imagine the loan clubs are happy with the lads being put through that type of training when they have matches Tuesday/Saturday!! Can't imagine the first team would do that!

Agent Andy

I think that’s what they call over doing it , I know the three on loan at parkway have matches sat /tues till the end of the season , not great if they’ve done a double session on a tues then have to play , seems very strange🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ , like you say , wouldn’t happen at first team level , only in pre season .

DawlishBouy

That training schedule probably explains why Harrison King was dropped to the bench for PP's game against Dorchester on the 14th. Gabe Billington has ony been making brief sub appearances for them.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I know what the report says but seeing as the Parkway lads would have needed to have been in Oxford to play North Leigh on Tuesday night, so getting there for at least 6.30pm, they must have had a very quick drive up there after the afternoon session. Or they got the coach up with the other players and missed the afternoon session. Both Harry and Harrison started and they won 2-1 so Parkway couldn't have been too worried.

AmberRed

I know what the report says but seeing as the Parkway lads would have needed to have been in Oxford to play North Leigh on Tuesday night, so getting there for at least 6.30pm, they must have had a very quick drive up there after the afternoon session. Or they got the coach up with the other players and missed the afternoon session. Both Harry and Harrison started and they won 2-1 so Parkway couldn't have been too worried.
We are talking the week before when Harrison King didn't play on the Tuesday night against Dorchester!

DawlishBouy

That report refers to training in the week up to last Friday not this week.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
We are talking the week before when Harrison King didn't play on the Tuesday night against Dorchester!
I'll try actually getting some sleep tonight 😬