• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Tickets (H)

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
If the club was ‘alienating a decent section of its core support’, how do you explain our huge jump in attendances this season?

Being Trust owned is a core part of the club’s identity. Fans who for whatever weird reason don’t want to be part of that do not deserve priority access to tickets.

*sits back and waits…*
So you know the demographics of the attendance week in, week out? You can sit there and tell me, for example, that 75% of those attending are Trust members, 10% are away fans and the rest of us are day trippers on our jollies. Of course you can't............ and I don't suppose that even those with answers available to them would know without looking. All I'm asking that they look into it and if there is a case for what I believe there might be then do something about it. If I'm wrong, fair enough.
To answer your direct question at the start, success. Nothing more, nothing less. If we get relegated next season, because we're staying up this barring a catastrophe, do you think the attendances will stay the same? Of course not. Or are you really trying to suggest it's got something to do with a surge in Trust members???

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You'd have to be fairly stupid to be a regular at SJP and miss out on an Argyle ticket!

Grecian Max

Got mine, gold member at £2 a month it’s literally pocket change why anyone would cry over the priority system I don’t know

manc grecian

*waves season ticket in the air*

Like so many things in life it's about choice and I feel sure most who are not Trust members fully know the circumstances regarding ticketing. I have two friends who have been supporters for over 50 years, yet choose not to be Trust members and they have never whinged about ticketing arrangements. I would only say that like many other supporters they like a pint or a few after a game and are not concerned at paying over £4 per pint( 6 pints or even less and that is Trust membership covered). .
Again, it's about choice and I respect anyone regarding being a member or not, but the system is there, like it or not.

Fareham Grecian

So you know the demographics of the attendance week in, week out? You can sit there and tell me, for example, that 75% of those attending are Trust members, 10% are away fans and the rest of us are day trippers on our jollies. Of course you can't............ and I don't suppose that even those with answers available to them would know without looking. All I'm asking that they look into it and if there is a case for what I believe there might be then do something about it. If I'm wrong, fair enough.
To answer your direct question at the start, success. Nothing more, nothing less. If we get relegated next season, because we're staying up this barring a catastrophe, do you think the attendances will stay the same? Of course not. Or are you really trying to suggest it's got something to do with a surge in Trust members???
Not quite sure where to start with this 🤣. But I’ll confine myself to pointing out that if the club had indeed ‘alienated a decent section of its core support’, then no amount of success would bring them back, would it? So they haven’t, have they?

suffolklad

I'm a Trust Member and proud to be so. I very rarely get to a home match possibly once a year and only occasionally to an away. Am i whinging at having to pay to be a Trust Member because i don't get anything for it NO. But if the chance of a priority ticket came up and i had the chance to be there. I'd take it why because over the years I've paid for it several times over from the Trust member" fee" and the extra donation.

I’m a trust member £10 a month but I’m only bronze, I think.

Grecian Max

I think I might be £5 a month but the point stands, if you can afford to regularly watch City, why would you not pay into it for priority. Regardless of your feelings on being Trust run it doesn't make any sense to not take advantage of what is a generous offer, especially for occasional exiles like me

fred binneys head

I’m a trust member £10 a month but I’m only bronze, I think.
You’re not, you’ll be silver I think.