• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Accounts (year end 2022)

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
who is that?
He's one of our own
He's one of our own
Steven Barry Chudley is one of our own*

*ExeWeb's that is! ;-)

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Incidentally, when I clicked on the link I couldn't help but log the new director announcement on the Companies House site.
I see what you did there ... ;)

Alistair20000

He's one of our own
He's one of our own

*ExeWeb's that is! ;-)
As the Wooden One has been absent these boards since October I am not sure Exeweb is le mot just.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's one of our own
He's one of our own

*ExeWeb's that is! ;-)
May I be first to suggest that part of the SJP is renamed in Sir Steven's honour?

'The Steven Barry Chudley Away End Toilets' has a certain ring to it.

Alistair20000

May I be first to suggest that part of the SJP is renamed in Sir Steven's honour?

'The Steven Barry Chudley Away End Toilets' has a certain ring to it.
Lionel deserves better

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lionel deserves better
Fair enough.

'The Steven Barry Chudley Big Bank Toilets' has a certain ring to it.

Alistair20000

Fair enough.

'The Steven Barry Chudley Big Bank Toilets' has a certain ring to it.
I see the force of that :)

ExmouthMart

I did notice from the accounts £17,174 paid to McQueenie Mulholland Ltd. for services. This is a rolling contract as well. Anyone know what this is?!
Also a new 10 year lease at £60,000 per year for OTR (subject to review!). Obviously this had Trust consent as any contracts over £50,000 need to be signed off or have I misunderstood that?! It also includes the following statement;
There is an option included in the Lease which enables the Club to take a transfer of the freehold of the OTR premised for £1 once all the outstanding interest free loans made by various participators in OTR have been repaid by OTR. OTR will use the rental income to repay the loans after any costs.
Can anyone explain in plain English what this means and why exactly this arrangement continues to benefit the football Club after all these years?!

tom_ecfc

I did notice from the accounts £17,174 paid to McQueenie Mulholland Ltd. for services. This is a rolling contract as well. Anyone know what this is?!
A quick search and looks like a marketing agency.

McQueenie Mulholland is an ethical marketing, communications and fundraising agency located in the heart of Exeter (UK). Established by Sue McQueenie and Rob Mulholland, we provide commercial and not-for-profit clients with creative, measurable and data driven strategies.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Also a new 10 year lease at £60,000 per year for OTR (subject to review!). Obviously this had Trust consent as any contracts over £50,000 need to be signed off or have I misunderstood that?! It also includes the following statement;
There is an option included in the Lease which enables the Club to take a transfer of the freehold of the OTR premised for £1 once all the outstanding interest free loans made by various participators in OTR have been repaid by OTR. OTR will use the rental income to repay the loans after any costs.
Can anyone explain in plain English what this means and why exactly this arrangement continues to benefit the football Club after all these years?!
Re: OTR - I assume that when OTR was set up and purchased the property used by City now the OTR directors plunged quite a bit of capital in to this and, rather than creaming off the profits for themselves are merely after the repayment of their loans - something of an altruistic measure I'd have thought, and to be applauded.