• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

wiveygrecian

This is ridiculous. It's a situation made worse by the very flawed decision to not allow Jev to play while the case is ongoing. It could go on being adjourned, again and again until he finally is out of contract and leaves us for another club. I've no doubt they will play him straight away, making our club look idiots who shoot themselves in the foot.
I fully agree Geoff , totally ridiculous. Have Brentford stopped playing Toney while his outcome is pending .. no ! Should have been playing from the start . Too many soft people in the club scared to upset others

Boyo

This is ridiculous. It's a situation made worse by the very flawed decision to not allow Jev to play while the case is ongoing. It could go on being adjourned, again and again until he finally is out of contract and leaves us for another club. I've no doubt they will play him straight away, making our club look idiots who shoot themselves in the foot.
How can you say its a flawed decision? You don't know any of the facts.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not this again...

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I fully agree Geoff , totally ridiculous. Have Brentford stopped playing Toney while his outcome is pending .. no ! Should have been playing from the start . Too many soft people in the club scared to upset others
There's quite a difference between Toney's case (breaching Football rules) and Brown's (criminal) case - which is more like a Mason Greenwood type situation.

wiveygrecian

There's quite a difference between Toney's case (breaching Football rules) and Brown's (criminal) case - which is more like a Mason Greenwood type situation.
But Jev is innocent and you will see in the end . Too many soft wimps at the club

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does it really matter though? We are coasting to a mid table finish.
I think it matters very much. I think the principle of the decision is wrong and he should be allowed to play until his case is heard and a judgement made. Coasting to a mid table finish? Well I hope so but I am convinced things might be very different had he been available to play. Given his goal scoring record and assists we could well be in a very different place.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does it really matter though? We are coasting to a mid table finish.
You don't want to be at full strength against the Scummers ? Have a word with yourself. There is someone at the Club making "non footballing decisions", despite the fact that seemingly GC wanted to play him again at Port Vale he was prevented from doing so.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think it matters very much. I think the principle of the decision is wrong and he should be allowed to play until his case is heard and a judgement made. Coasting to a mid table finish? Well I hope so but I am convinced things might be very different had he been available to play. Given his goal scoring record and assists we could well be in a very different place.
The play offs are 18 points ahead of where we are now, Brown is good but he isn't that good...

Boyo

Too many soft wimps at the club
On the contrary. The easy thing to do would be to do nothing, wait for a judgement and allow him to play. The difficult decision was to prevent the club's best player from playing.

wiveygrecian

Spot on ! GC has wanted him playing from the start but especially before the Port Vale game. The trust and trustees are the people not allowing it . They are making non footballing decisions .