• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have wondered about that STURTZ and I think city fans would be massively overjoyed and the big bank would be singing his name and cheering him to the rafters. What the oppo fans might make of it would definitely be drowned out. I honestly believe the majority of city fans want Jevani back, want him playing until his case is heard.
You base that on what?

geoffwp

You base that on what?
Just my gut feeling. You don't need to join in though.😆

STURTZ

Just my gut feeling. You don't need to join in though.😆
What ever the crowds reaction would be (and I expect they would turn it into a song) it would be crass and insensitive to the case. These are real Iives we're dealing with here not games that end with a final whistle.
As much as anything I feel the club are protecting the player by not subjecting him to 90 minutes of intense public scrutiny.

fred binneys head

It comes down to trust for me. I trust the club to do the right thing and, in this case, I trust that they are.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
The play offs are 18 points ahead of where we are now, Brown is good but he isn't that good...
How many teams above us have we dropped points to possibly because Jevani wasnt in the squad ?

We all know the effects of a star player not being in an opposition team through injury etc when you play them ! Think of Aknfenwa not being in a team City were up against for example.

Colesman Ballz

It comes down to trust for me. I trust the club to do the right thing and, in this case, I trust that they are.
The Club took action in the immediate aftermath of events. Did Jevani even have the chance to take legal advice before that action ? The Club have "painted themselves into a corner" with an inflexible decision taken in haste. The basic tenet of the English Justice system, that you are innocent until proven guilty is being ignored. After a period giving chance for reflection the manager wished to play him again but was prevented from doing so by a person or persons unknown at the Club, why ? Someone's sensibilities have been offended and they are tying the managers hands on a footballing decision which in itself raises questions.
Something unsavoury did undoubtably happen that night but until the full facts emerge in Court, it is unwise to pass judgement prematurely, but effectively that is what someone at the Club has done.

Grecianman135

This is getting boring now...

What will be will be 👍he's not guilty brilliant he plays if he is guilty say bye bye and move on,the club already don't need the negative publicity and are doing "relatively" well in the domestic season without him,so whatever happens next we deal with as a club accordingly.

The real kicker is not having cover for Brown being the biggest issue personally if we kept Jay let's say while Jev was out as well as our other additions budget pending or not (I know hindsight is a wonderful thing) then that would stop a lot of the moaning as we'd have more depth and potential creativity,and if we get Jev back it would only be a bonus if not guilty and if guilty then we'd still be in a strong position,and could wipe any potential slates clean and move on from this.

This needs to end quickly.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is getting boring now...

What will be will be 👍he's not guilty brilliant he plays if he is guilty say bye bye and move on,the club already don't need the negative publicity and are doing "relatively" well in the domestic season without him,so whatever happens next we deal with as a club accordingly.

The real kicker is not having cover for Brown being the biggest issue personally if we kept Jay let's say while Jev was out as well as our other additions budget pending or not (I know hindsight is a wonderful thing) then that would stop a lot of the moaning as we'd have more depth and potential creativity,and if we get Jev back it would only be a bonus if not guilty and if guilty then we'd still be in a strong position,and could wipe any potential slates clean and move on from this.

This needs to end quickly.
Agree, but even if MJ hadn't gone to Colchester he shouldn't be getting in our side even with Brown side-lined.

Antony Moxey

Seems to me if you’re advocating him being selected simply because of ‘innocent until proven guilty’ then quite simply you really are as thick as a whale omelette. Just for once try looking at the bigger picture and not just the rectangle of grass in front of you and who our next opponents are.

geoffwp

Seems to me if you’re advocating him being selected simply because of ‘innocent until proven guilty’ then quite simply you really are as thick as a whale omelette. Just for once try looking at the bigger picture and not just the rectangle of grass in front of you and who our next opponents are.
And just for once try not to be such a bloody know all