• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Club took action in the immediate aftermath of events. Did Jevani even have the chance to take legal advice before that action ? The Club have "painted themselves into a corner" with an inflexible decision taken in haste. The basic tenet of the English Justice system, that you are innocent until proven guilty is being ignored. After a period giving chance for reflection the manager wished to play him again but was prevented from doing so by a person or persons unknown at the Club, why ? Someone's sensibilities have been offended and they are tying the managers hands on a footballing decision which in itself raises questions.
Something unsavoury did undoubtably happen that night but until the full facts emerge in Court, it is unwise to pass judgement prematurely, but effectively that is what someone at the Club has done.
So, in your view, is there any crime which, if a player was arrested and charged for it, should stop them playing for the club, despite the "innocent until proven guilty" argument? If a footballer was arrested and charged for committing rape? Child abuse? Murder?

Alistair20000

There is of course a Premiership player accused of rape and currently on bail who has continued to play for his club.

Colesman Ballz

So, in your view, is there any crime which, if a player was arrested and charged for it, should stop them playing for the club, despite the "innocent until proven guilty" argument? If a footballer was arrested and charged for committing rape? Child abuse? Murder?
Of course there is, and the law provides for this, a murder suspect is hardly likely to be bailed to commit further offences whilst awaiting trial, you bring in safeguarding where youngsters are involved. This isn't an extreme case involving such dangers to the public at large and you are being quite ridiculous using such analogies. However unsavoury the events were in this case are it basically involved a man and his girlfriend/ex girlfriend and a dispute spiralling out of control. Let the Court decide it without jumping to premature conclusions. Did Bristol Rovers exclude Joey Barton from managing before the court case involving the fracas with his wife, no they didn't ! And if you will forgive a little speculation, there could be an interesting parallel. Mrs Barton refused to give testimony at the trial, and there have been suggestions that exactly the same may be happening here. We will just have to wait and see , which is exactly what the Club should have done !

Antony Moxey

And just for once try not to be such a bloody know all
And just for once try not be such an utter bell end.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
There is of course a Premiership player accused of rape and currently on bail who has continued to play for his club.
And we all know that premiershite have no morals!

We have been promoting ourselves as a family club, a community club, and then one of our players gets arrested and charged with assault, but hey forget our ethos let's play him still as he happens to be one of our better players, we'll pick up our ethos after the court case!

What happened to the young goalie who did something(I don't know what), is he with us anymore?

Until the court case is over I would not advocate him playing for us, and should he do so before, I would not be joining in any chants adulating him.

This topic is obviously very divisive among supporters, however I am proud that the club have taken the action it has despite all the repercussions, once again proving we are no ordinary football club

geoffwp

Of course there is, and the law provides for this, a murder suspect is hardly likely to be bailed to commit further offences whilst awaiting trial, you bring in safeguarding where youngsters are involved. This isn't an extreme case involving such dangers to the public at large and you are being quite ridiculous using such analogies. However unsavoury the events were in this case are it basically involved a man and his girlfriend/ex girlfriend and a dispute spiralling out of control. Let the Court decide it without jumping to premature conclusions. Did Bristol Rovers exclude Joey Barton from managing before the court case involving the fracas with his wife, no they didn't ! And if you will forgive a little speculation, there could be an interesting parallel. Mrs Barton refused to give testimony at the trial, and there have been suggestions that exactly the same may be happening here. We will just have to wait and see , which is exactly what the Club should have done !
Eloquently and so very logically put CB.

Radio Free Skaro

Agree with GnH , to be brutally honest we probably have to get used to a Jevani-less Exeter City. The team seem to be doing pretty well without him and I understand that JB was likely to be leaving the Club at the end of the season anyway.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree with GnH , to be brutally honest we probably have to get used to a Jevani-less Exeter City. The team seem to be doing pretty well without him and I understand that JB was likely to be leaving the Club at the end of the season anyway.
Exactly, it's not really that important at this stage.

The club have (rightly) decided not to play JB - even if he had played, we wouldn't be anywhere near the play offs and without him we won't go down. He will likely leave in the summer so we might as well give game time to players who will be with us next season anyway.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
The argument that he won't be a City player next season so we should try to get on without him is one I have put forward but it should have no bearing on the moral decision over whether he plays or not. I'm actually beginning to agree with Ballzy, in that this court case is taking way too long and as it stands the charges are not proven. I'm not sure that in another job someone awaiting judgment in a case of this nature would be suspended from work, although I really don't know if that's true, feel free to correct me, I'm sure you will! Obviously if he is convicted it's a whole different ball game.

suffolklad

Here we go again . Not withstanding the court case Why the assumption that he will be leaving at the end of the season????. previously an answer to me stated that he's out of contract and will be offered more elsewhere. . One assumes that we will not offer him a contract or that he won't sign on increased terms. or that someone else will want him anyway. As usual no one knows but hey lets just make assumptions about what may or may not happen. But maybe that's Exeweb!