• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
He will be out of contract when the case is heard in July
Wonder what the club will do then
I presume they have known for sometime he was going to plead guilty
The big question is do we want him after this or not
Also why did he not plead guilty in the first place
Lots of questions to be answered here I am afraid
I think he will probably be gone and we have seen the last of him at ECFC. We shall see what happens in the ensuing months, but with the guilty plea now in, I cannot see us keeping him.

He will be out of contract when the case is heard in July
Wonder what the club will do then
I presume they have known for sometime he was going to plead guilty
The big question is do we want him after this or not
Also why did he not plead guilty in the first place
Lots of questions to be answered here I am afraid
correct me if I've forgotten/misunderstood what's happened previously, the previous court dates were adjourned ... wasn't today the first time he will have been asked to enter a plea?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
correct me if I've forgotten/misunderstood what's happened previously, the previous court dates were adjourned ... wasn't today the first time he will have been asked to enter a plea?
Yes, but, as per my previous post, it may be that previous adjournments were because there were negotiations ongoing between the prosecution and the defence in the background. Had this not been the case, the adjournments may not have occurred and there may have been an opportunity to plead earlier.

Cowshed Grecian

So what happens next? Can/do the club sack him now? Pointless paying him wages til the end of his contract. Or make a decision to stand/stick by him, hoping he will sign a new contract?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
FFS gutted. So he has pleaded guilty. I was hopeful of it being some sort of misunderstanding and it not being true and him being cleared.
That’s that then, he’s finished with us. So City get to pay his wages til 30 Jun?
What a Feckin idiot.
Again, I think it's worth reserving judgement until such time as we know a bit more. On occasions, someone can be guilty of an offence but there will be significant mitigation or, if you prefer, aggravating factors. To be clear, I have no idea if that's the case in this instance, but it is a possibility.

Mark Tyler

This one is simple. Jevani Brown has pleaded guilty to assaullting a woman. He should now be sacked by the club.
End of story

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
This one is simple. Jevani Brown has pleaded guilty to assaullting a woman. He should now be sacked by the club.
End of story
I disagree. I don't think you can make this call without knowing the full circumstances.

A homewoner who wacks an armed burglar over the head may be guilty of assault, but, clearly, there are aggravating factors. That aside assault by battery can constitute a wide range of things – for instance, spitting at someone could be defined as assault by battery.

Last edited:

Grecianpasty

A man assaulted a woman and pleaded guilty for it. F#ck him. Get rid.

I hope for his sake he gets the help he so clearly needs.

haka

Well then. That’s that.

If he’s plead guilty to assaulting a woman it’s not really defensible is it - and proves the club were right to suspend playing him.
Agreed.

I haven't done a head count, but it seems that most people on this thread were the voice of reason, either defending the club's decision or at least not condemning it while we waited for more info. Sadly there were a minority who insisted that he should be playing not because they knew the facts of the case, but simply because he is a very good footballer. I hope those people never get anywhere near a court jury.

It is a real shame this happened, and Jevani will leave some great memories on the pitch, but the club did the right thing, the difficult thing. Not all clubs would, and we should be glad ECFC is not one of them.

Radio Free Skaro

Again, I think it's worth reserving judgement until such time as we know a bit more. On occasions, someone can be guilty of an offence but there will be significant mitigation or, if you prefer, aggravating factors. To be clear, I have no idea if that's the case in this instance, but it is a possibility.
I think we have to get used to a post JB Exeter City straight away - not much point in clutching at straws...