• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I live in Exeter and go to City when I can ( difficult this season, understandable). I have been watching city since 1990. I am an Argyle season ticket holder and many of my friends are City fans. Most of them are intelligent reasonable people.

Bye.
I have friends who support Argyle. I have suggested therapy.. Some people on here are too precious for their own good.

Grecian Max

I have friends who support Argyle. I have suggested therapy.. Some people on here are too precious for their own good.
You can have friends that support Argyle, I like how this is used as somehow proof of a higher level of social manoeuvring on here - they're 40 miles down the road ffs 😂

You can also definitely want them to stay down. I will state this again:

Second last game of the season.

City on the beach.

We win and Argyle get promoted that day.

Why the hell would any City fan want that? Who cares about a dead rubber win. I can't even believe it needs to be spelt out in that way.

Come on you blues.

iscalad

You can have friends that support Argyle, I like how this is used as somehow proof of a higher level of social manoeuvring on here - they're 40 miles down the road ffs 😂

City on the beach.

Why the hell would any City fan want that? Who cares about a dead rubber win. I can't even believe it needs to be spelt out in that way.

Come on you blues.
I think it's really sad that you put Argyle above a City win.

Colesman Ballz

All that hot sun, tequila etc must have gone to his head ! :unsure:

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster

City on the beach.

Come on you blues.
Agree, I don't see why anyone would think differently.

Boyo

City on the beach.

Come on you blues.
There was a game at SJP in the 1990's I recall, possibly against Stockport, where City were already safe (possibly already relegated) and Stockport were chasing argyle for a promotion spot. There were quite a few argyle fans on the BB cheering on City. As the game progressed many City fans switched allegiances to Stockport, which resulted in the somewhat farcical, but highly amusing situation where the argyle fans celebrated a City goal, whilst City fans were cheering on the opposition. I think City inevitably lost and the argyle fans went home disappointed.

For what its worth I never want us to lose, however if us losing made it trick(ier) for argyle then I wouldn't be disappointed if we did.

Grecian Max

A win that means nothing to us at all in the larger picture. That’s not sad at all 😂

Grecian Max

Agree, I don't see why anyone would think differently.
Because there is a certain subset of fan who see themselves has great thinkers of the game. Scribbling on their programme notes, tutting at chants and collecting their pin badges. Real ale is their drink of choice and they’ve tried them all. The Argyle match is “just another game” and we should all “shake hands and be proud of Devon”

Makes me sick 😂

Oldsmobile-88

There was a game at SJP in the 1990's I recall, possibly against Stockport, where City were already safe (possibly already relegated) and Stockport were chasing argyle for a promotion spot. There were quite a few argyle fans on the BB cheering on City. As the game progressed many City fans switched allegiances to Stockport, which resulted in the somewhat farcical, but highly amusing situation where the argyle fans celebrated a City goal, whilst City fans were cheering on the opposition. I think City inevitably lost and the argyle fans went home disappointed.
That was the penultimate game of our 93/94 relegation season..lost 1-2.

Both Stockport & Argyle were pipped for the 2nd auto spot by Port Vale.
Both did not get promoted, Burnley won the playoff final.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Billy, so you should be. As a fan how great would it be to turn over as many, if not all, of the top teams that you have yet to play. Why worry about us. Imagine going into next season having had such a great finish to this season. How much better would that be than a pre-occupation with us losing. Enjoy every game and cheer your club. Or you could be an obsessive negative like Sturtz or Max who I imagine prefer Argyle losing to City winning. Saddoes!!
Luckily, we can still

For what its worth I never want us to lose, however if us losing made it trick(ier) for argyle then I wouldn't be disappointed if we did.
I was talking about this game recently. In my memory there were Argyle fans in the away end too. It was a very surreal match.

Status
Not open for further replies.