• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harry Kite

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Compliments Archie and McDonald perfectly a well balanced midfield that.

tom_ecfc

Compliments Archie and McDonald perfectly a well balanced midfield that.
Could Kite take over the Collins role when he potentially leaves in the summer and the academy guys fill in Kites current role/position?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could Kite take over the Collins role when he potentially leaves in the summer and the academy guys fill in Kites current role/position?
Not for me.

Kite is an excellent player but very different to Collins. Kite is a work horse who does so much good work off the ball for the team. Whilst he's tidy with the ball, he doesn't have the same guile as Collins in an attacking sense.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don’t shoot me for saying this but I don’t think Harry receives the ball well enough in tight areas to play that kind of roll.

Grecian_Matt

Have always been very impressed with Kite whenever he has played.
But Kite is more of a ball winning midfielder rather than a proper central midfielder, but then he might get better if he played the role week in week out.

I am sure when Collins leaves we should be able to fill the void of him leaving.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have always been very impressed with Kite whenever he has played.
But Kite is more of a ball winning midfielder rather than a proper central midfielder, but then he might get better if he played the role week in week out.

I am sure when Collins leaves we should be able to fill the void of him leaving.
I think we would do very well to find someone as good as Collins without having to pay through the nose for them, very good player.

C j phill

I think we would do very well to find someone as good as Collins without having to pay through the nose for them, very good player.
I assume that if he manages to overcome his terrible injury, Kyle Taylor is Archie's replacement.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I assume that if he manages to overcome his terrible injury, Kyle Taylor is Archie's replacement.
I hope we aren't relying on Taylor to be Archie's replacement and I doubt GC will do this, he's never even seen him play.

I hope Taylor makes a return to full fitness and continues to have a career in football but I'd be surprised if he ends up being an important player for us, I didn't think he was amazing in League 2 - massive step down from Collins.

Kyle only made nine starts in all for us in all competitions, so to be fair you can't judge any player on that, especially joining a new club. I do hope he regains total fitness and can show what he can do. As a potential replacement for Archie, far too soon to assess. As for Harry, onwards and upwards, hopefully.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kyle only made nine starts in all for us in all competitions, so to be fair you can't judge any player on that, especially joining a new club. I do hope he regains total fitness and can show what he can do. As a potential replacement for Archie, far too soon to assess. As for Harry, onwards and upwards, hopefully.
This is very true, 50 odd appearances in League 2 is all he's managed which is obviously a small sample size to make an assessment however that and the horrendous injury probably indicates that the odds are against him in terms of being able to fill Archie's shoes.

I'd rather GC went out and signed someone to replace Archie and if Taylor ends up being top class then happy days.