• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does it matter , we’re safe , give sonny game time and get him league one ready , everything to gain and nothing to lose,
A lot to lose if he has his confidence battered of him. I've seen that happen to a few kids at City.

denzel

A lot to lose if he has his confidence battered of him. I've seen that happen to a few kids at City.
Yes, but on the other hand imagine if he came off the bench against the Gargs and scored the winner!

grecIAN Harris

Yes, but on the other hand imagine if he came off the bench against the Gargs and scored the winner!
That is/was Stanno's job. Let's hope it still is.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree, Cox needs to come back as of tomorrow. I do think he has got "it" so will benefit from a bit of game time.

I don't think Coley is rated by GC however he is more a runner than Cox so difficult one to fully figure out.

Big blow to City & GC to lose Stanno and Brown - both just as we were putting good results together. Hope the likes of MJP recognise this.
MJP is too busy studying GC record at Partick and Chesterfield to even realise Stanno is injured!

Colesman Ballz

Ollie never looked back after his brace beating the Scum in the Devon Derby ! :)

denzel

Sadly, looking at his face as he was being stretchered off yesterday, I would say there is zero chance of him playing then. Hope I'm wrong though, best of luck to the lad.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's never been a better time for Cox to play. He's under no pressure, plus it's not as though he's never played first team football before.

Grecian Max

No chance, that's a nasty injury right there - the way he pulled up there's no way he's playing against Argyle

Grecian Max

I don't think he's a confidence player from what I've seen tbh - I don't think it would effect him like others

Grecian Max

Several options here, some of which not that great.
Nombe/Scott- No
Nombe/White-No
Nombe/recalled Cox- a small maybe
Nombe as one up with midfielders breaking forward-possibly.
Nombe/Coley- maybe, if Coley shows something in training
Nombe/Mitchell ( with Sparkes or Caprice at left wing back)-this has potential provided Mitchell can adapt to playing further forward

Best option by far; Stanno's injury is nowhere near as bad as it looks.

Fingers crossed the last option and if not hoping Stanno makes a full and speedy recovery
Mitchell won't be played out of postion, he's been dynamite in the right area and I can't see him being moved up front

Stanno won't play again this season, there's not a chance after the way he twisted and went down - it's the last we will see of him in a City shirt which is such a shame

I suspect it'll either be playing Coley in Stannos role as he has the pace, or more likely we change formation a little up top with Nombe and Scott with Cox on the bench. It's not ideal and I'm still fuming at Brown.