• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC Vs Derby County FC - Matchday Thread

Grecianpasty

The energy and enthusiasm that Borges came onto the pitch with should be inspiring to any of our academy players. He looked great.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Let's have a reality check with Cox. You can't expect miracles of an 18 year old playing against Derby County.
Thank God we have 17 year old Pedro to look forward to watching - until ChelDollar or similar nick him for nothing !
UTC

Red faced

Did you watch the game? Derby player definitely booked.
no need to take that tone..Of course I watched the game - on i-follow I obviously missed it didn't I - .. Maybe the rest of the Derby players missed it too cos it didn't make any f*kn difference to their time wasting..

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
no need to take that tone..Of course I watched the game - on i-follow I obviously missed it didn't I - .. Maybe the rest of the Derby players missed it too cos it didn't make any f*kn difference to their time wasting..
Sorry I should have asked were you at the game.
Ref to blame for that. The way their goalie went down towards the end. he should have been booked

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
All season long I think we have averaged at least 5 x Grecian academy players in the starting line up and today we finished with 6 including a 17 year old.
I know it's always nice to win but knowing that "Our Own" have grown up with us and some gone to better places is something that is in our Grecian DNA & hopefully continues.
I for one take great pleasure in following Grecian academy players on their football journey £s to replace them when there might not be a xGrecian academy player ready to replace them.
UTC & please join me in a celebration that "We are Staying Up" with our academy providing nearly half of the starting teams !

Alistair20000

Sorry I should have asked were you at the game.
Ref to blame for that. The way their goalie went down towards the end. he should have been booked
Who was it who stupidly pushed Wildsmith ? Sparkes ?

Brainless as it gave him the chance to go to ground.

manc grecian

It was Sparkes

dontpassback

If Scott is the answer,what on earth is the question ?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Men against boys . I'm afraid Cox looks like another Ben Seymour, nowhere near good enough at this level
Give the boy a break. He was up against very good centre halves, better than he'll have ever played against before. He ran hard and had very little opportunity with the ball at his feet. I wouldn't be writing him off yet. I remember watching Watkins at a similar age in one of his first games and he reminded me of a giraffe. These days he's purring like a cheetah.

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Scott is the answer,what on earth is the question ?
Who's the shittest centre forward we've had since Sam Parkin?