• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

My New Football Club Podcast

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've had one of my posts read out on a podcast by one of my favourite comic actors. Didn't feel as nice as I thought it might.

Colesman Ballz

I've had one of my posts read out on a podcast by one of my favourite comic actors. Didn't feel as nice as I thought it might.
So you have discovered that narcissism isn't necessarily all that it's cracked up to be then Fred ! :cool:

Grecian Max

@DavidEarl see what you've done

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
We need to get David posting on here. Ignore Jon.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just listened to the start of the latest pod. They're back tracking, they were definitely suggesting players that we could go for.

They talk like they get loads of stick on Exeweb, just had a read and they don't at all...

Rosencrantz

It's a fun pod and a few people might be taking it a bit too seriously on here at times. A lot of names on Exeweb transfer rumour threads over the years have included some very out-there suggestions. Most of our signings tend to have us scrabbling for Google to find out who they are as we have barely heard of them if at all.

I've enjoyed David getting to know about the club and a bit of lower league football in general.

fred binneys head

It's a fun pod and a few people might be taking it a bit too seriously on here at times. A lot of names on Exeweb transfer rumour threads over the years have included some very out-there suggestions. Most of our signings tend to have us scrabbling for Google to find out who they are as we have barely heard of them if at all.

I've enjoyed David getting to know about the club and a bit of lower league football in general.
Me too, I’ve really enjoyed the podcast as I’ve said on here before. I think the bantz comes from them having a researcher on there who came up with some great suggestions but also some clearly unaffordable ones and whose insider knowledge was that Jevani was out of contract.

But, to be clear, in case they’re reading this and starting to wet their pants again, I liked the guest, I liked the show, I thought it was interesting and funny at times. Everyone stay calm, we’re all friends here.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

And I think the reverse is true.

I've always enjoyed listening to it. It's genuinely made me laugh out loud multiple times. That's a skill when you're listening aline whilst looking at a spreadsheet.

Grecian Max

Agreed - tbh, I didn’t know much about David Earl until this pod but it was a gateway drug to Chatabix and the rest. I know Jon from the BB and standing near his dad a fair few years ago (they used to help out with picking up the flags!) and I think he’s done brilliantly to take that opportunity on the pod.

Someone else said it but the best episodes are often the ones not ECFC themed but connected through talking to lower league fans. I really do think David’s been on a journey and is now a fully fledged City fan - we know how hard that is to shake…