• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
A bit depressing that the main reason given for Jamal going is wages. I can't imagine he was the highest earner at the club and suggests we will be shopping at Lidl for new signings this season
Almost certainly our top earner by a long way, not sure how you got this impression 😂

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
A bit depressing that the main reason given for Jamal going is wages. I can't imagine he was the highest earner at the club and suggests we will be shopping at Lidl for new signings this season
Probably our biggest earner by about a grand week! Miles ahead of the rest.

denzel

Probably our biggest earner by about a grand week! Miles ahead of the rest.
Really? So we are paying a keeper more than Sam, Jevani or the likes of Mcdonald or Mitchell?
You have to wonder why that happened.

simcity

Really? So we are paying a keeper more than Sam, Jevani or the likes of Mcdonald or Mitchell?
We were desperate for a keeper a week before the season started so he could pretty much ask for whatever he wanted.

Plus i'm pretty sure Dawson was our biggest wage the season before so not unheard of for a keeper to be our biggest earner.

Bat Fastard

We were desperate for a keeper a week before the season started so he could pretty much ask for whatever he wanted.

Plus i'm pretty sure Dawson was our biggest wage the season before so not unheard of for a keeper to be our biggest earner.
Let’s hope we can get someone in on a deal instead of being held over the barrel at the last minute then. Goalkeepers shouldn’t be the top earners in my book

Colesman Ballz

Nothing to wonder about at all. The way it works is that the Club Board allocates a playing budget to the manager and it is then upto him on how to spend it as he feels necessary. It would have been KMT's decision and quite rightly so. McDonald and Mitchell don't come into the equation as they were signed later by GC, by which time the budget had been increased anyway.

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Almost certainly our top earner by a long way, not sure how you got this impression 😂
Agree. I’m sure MT was quoted as saying we had to make him a very good offer to get his signature.

At the time, I think most fans were happy we got someone of Blackman’s calibre and paying top wages (for us) for a GK can be just as important as shelling out for a goalscorer.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
It happened because MT wanted it to happen.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Let’s hope we can get someone in on a deal instead of being held over the barrel at the last minute then. Goalkeepers shouldn’t be the top earners in my book
Yeah, they're not really that important

Bat Fastard

Yeah, they're not really that important
Did I say that?