• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Life’s simple pleasures

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Having a bit of a $h1tty day then getting a text message from my daughter to say we are having our granddaughter for the weekend , Couldnt finish work soon enough to get home
(y)

Love grandchildren me especially as they seem to like me a little. Quite why youngsters want to spend time with this particular old git is one of the mysteries of life. :unsure:

With the added bonus of course that you can hand them back to their own parents after the visit.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Waving to steam trains.

iscalad

Waving to steam trains.
You are Jenny Agutter and I claim my £5

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
You are Jenny Agutter and I claim my £5
In the gutter sometimes.

DB9

(y)

Love grandchildren me especially as they seem to like me a little. Quite why youngsters want to spend time with this particular old git is one of the mysteries of life. :unsure:

With the added bonus of course that you can hand them back to their own parents after the visit.
Totally agree Al, I'm "Grumpy Grandad" too because if they want something they ask me and i say no, then they go straight to their Nanny and she gives in. Love my Grandchildren to bit but they are like a whirlwind when they visit, Just had the 5 yr old staying over while her parents went to a wedding, She has just got picked up and i'm totally knackered, She is just a ball of energy but i wouldn't change it for anything, She and our other 3 grandchildren are just the biz.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
A late winner
Two late winners.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Getting up on Sunday morning with the sun shining (at last) and Exeter City are top of League One.

Enough to make a grumpy get smile.

Swanaldo

My 12-year-old motor sailing through the MOT today 🍾

Oldsmobile-88

Bought the complete Dallas box set inc the 4 TV films in HMV this afternoon...£65, a bargain to fill the time in those depressing winter months.

DB9

Bought the complete Dallas box set inc the 4 TV films in HMV this afternoon...£65, a bargain to fill the time in those depressing winter months.
And no doubt an eye on a very fragrent Victoria Principal too. :)