• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I don't see us having a new striker in place until the Cambridge home game on Saturday 20th January. Nine games potentially we could lose with us scoring no goals. Is this really what the board is okay with?

milts

I don't see us having a new striker in place until the Cambridge home game on Saturday 20th January. Nine games potentially we could lose with us scoring no goals. Is this really what the board is okay with?
I think regardless of who is in charge this will be the case. We need to act now though to give the new manager any chance.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why the 20th January? If that were to be correct though, if you hadn’t already , resign yourself to League Two next season as the points gap will obviously widen as the weeks progress.As it is , it will be touch and go keeping distance between us and the bottom four.Fortunately there seem to be a few other basket cases down below.We need a darn good striker , a darn good playmaker and a tough gritty captain who’ll inject some guts into this shower and not get injured in the process which seems to happen quite often with our bunch of delicate flowers.Where we’ll find the million or whatever for them is another matter.
I agree with a lot of folk on here though , I wouldn’t want Caldwell to find them for us.

Red Monster

We need more than one new striker it’s more like two or three.
But how many would want to join a club in Such terrible
run of extended results.

Unless we spend decent money on new players we’ll end up
with a out of favour player who hasn’t played a competitive
game for months and will be totally not match fit and
probably not very good.

On top of all that we’ve got to wait 5 weeks to the window
reopens , how depressing!!

milts

If you’re a half decent player why on earth are you going to want to join a rudderless team at the bottom of league 1?

GC needs to go today.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We need more than one new striker it’s more like two or three.
But how many would want to join a club in Such terrible
run of extended results.

Unless we spend decent money on new players we’ll end up
with a out of favour player who hasn’t played a competitive
game for months and will be totally not match fit and
probably not very good.

On top of all that we’ve got to wait 5 weeks to the window
reopens , how depressing!!
6 more defeats with no goals scored, but I don't think we could have anyone in for Reading on NYD.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Were not going to bring in Pele. We new players, particularly up front, but it's not going to suddenly turn us into a slick attacking force.. problems run deeper. Good to have some light at the end of the tunnel, but people need to manage their expectations a bit.

Bat Fastard

Were not going to bring in Pele. We new players, particularly up front, but it's not going to suddenly turn us into a slick attacking force.. problems run deeper. Good to have some light at the end of the tunnel, but people need to manage their expectations a bit.
We don’t need pele. Look at Cheltenham, exactly the same squad, but a different manager has completely shifted the perspective, comfortably beat top of the league yesterday and looked excellent in doing so

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
We don’t need pele. Look at Cheltenham, exactly the same squad, but a different manager has completely shifted the perspective, comfortably beat top of the league yesterday and looked excellent in doing so
I was responding to the idea of us not scoring goals until around the 20th when a new striker might arrive. Gonna have to be a very good one indeed if he would've added anything to the scoresheet yesterday for example. Yes, Cheltenham have picked up with a new manager.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
You'd like to think that we have at least one striker ready to come in as soon as he finishes singing Auld Land Syne at a minute past midnight on New Year's Day.