• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Surely though we can’t/won’t just carry on? What happens when we lose Tuesday night and then the following Saturday? Do we just carry on regardless?
I don't think things are that bad that we can lose on Saturday that we're not playing.😉
To be honest I was clinging on to the hope that Caldwell might just make a few tweaks here and there, make us a bit more solid, nick a few results until January and then get the absolutely needed strike force and get us back on track from there and back to what was so pleasing on the eye at the start of the season. But yesterday's dismantling and capitulation inside an hour scares me. I was listening to the commentary on Radio Devon on the way home from work and it sounded like we were solid defensively if uninspiring going forward. Then the first one goes in followed by a second and then I got home and didn't bother listening to the second half because you could the score I think most of us would realistically expected coming, 4-0 Bolton. The third one goes in early in the second half and the worry is it might get to five but never seven. The thing that scares me is alright Bolton are a decent side but they aren't Ipswich from last season, they're not even in the same, yet they've put seven past us with ease.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’s not doing the dirty ffs, they are all adults

Shit at your job, lose it
Sure, but we're gonna need to put a line under this quickly and show some togetherness behind whoever's in next... Even if it's not everyone's choice. Save the post mortem till summer when we've got some critical distance.

Antony Moxey

We lost stansfield , brown, and nombe in the summer. They werent replaced because nombe went Last and no quality Strikers were available By then.
Load of tosh. Stansfield wasn’t ours to lose, and Brown was effectively put on gardening leave with three months of the season left. At the very least the club could and should have had plans in place to recruit at least two forwards that they knew months before the window opened they’d need. The three leaving wasn’t sprung on the club at the eleventh hour.

tavyred

It’s not doing the dirty ffs, they are all adults

Shit at your job, lose it
I know your bloodlust it up Max, but please remember the human element to this. GC has a Mrs and Kids.
I was using the term ‘doing the dirty’ in a figurative way.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know your bloodlust it up Max, but please remember the human element to this. GC has a Mrs and Kids.
Not nice when someone loses their job, but he'll be entitled to getting his contract paid up. You think we're likely to offer another one? Financially, that's the only update if he goes, isn't it. His kids will be alright. He'll be better off not flogging a dead horse hundreds of miles from his family at likely huge strain to his mental health.

The nature of the football managing beast I’m afraid. GC will know this, he’s had this at his previous clubs, it’s not new to him.

StudentGrecian

His Mrs and kids will see him more and he’ll have a nice lump sum for Xmas pressies. Do the nice thing for GC’s family please ECFC board.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tbf, Tisdale was up and down. He left after a playoff final defeat. It was a disappointing end to the season, but it wasn't total total footballing disintegration.
It wasn't total footballing disintegration but Tis had (allegedly) sworn at the supporters and told a national newspaper he thought he was bigger than the club.

milts

GC won’t be short of a penny or two. It’s not like we’re sacking someone who has been on minimum wage their whole life.

He has to go end off. I can’t see any valid argument for dragging this out until January. What do the board realistically expect to happen?

We’re not suddenly going to sign 2 strikers and everything be rosey.

The dressing room is gone. The players are gone. The fans are gone. Relegation beckons and years of drudge.

Everyone has had enough of this.

Act now.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
It wasn't total footballing disintegration but Tis had (allegedly) sworn at the supporters and told a national newspaper he thought he was bigger than the club.
Sure, wasn't great. Retrospectively, I'm glad he left on his own terms and made his opinion on himself so public. The contrasting fortunes since he left are the sweeter. Only call the club could make worse than keeping GC. I bet he's "been in touch".