• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Shrewsbury Matchday Thread 28th Nov 2023. k.o. 7:45 and 9:45.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
For heaven sake give credit where credit is due
For heaven sake give criticism where criticism is due.

BigBankAl

Clean sheet (y)

Jesus wept though that was league 1 at its worst.

Shrewsbury equally terrible, if we want to ship 7 against the better teams need to be beating these team, probably speaks to the desire of the squad that they never really went for it tonight (regardless of what they’d been sent out to do).

Aitchison useless, Carroll useless, Aimson uninspiring/useless, Scott useless. Hopefully out the door at the end of the year.

older-codger

Although it was only 1 point, I suspect that too many people have become so entrenched in their depression over the past number of games and the desire to see Caldwell out above everything else (and I have a certain amount of sympathy for that), that the effort that was put into that game by the players has passed them by. Yes, there were no goals and we desperately need a recognised striker or two, but sometimes you have to recognise that the team were far better in their application and commitment and give credit for that.

If they can keep that up I'm convinced that they will turn the corner.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a condescending and pompous point of view.

Those fans got behind the team all game. They have paid to watch match after match and not seen a goal in front of the Big Bank since the Reading league game. If they want to boo at the end of the match to voice their displeasure at one of the worst runs of results in our club's history, they are absolutely entitled to.
Those games are gone why go to the game and boo after what as I said was a battling performance with unlike previous games every player giving his all for the cause.

Why should you view my comment as being condescending

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aitchison useless, Carroll useless, Aimson uninspiring/useless, Scott useless. Hopefully out the door at the end of the year.
This is a bit harsh if you're talking about tonight, IMO. Scott is properly useless though.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Same old shit, cannot hit the back of the net. darned freezing.

Yanic probably our best player first half, tired in the second.

Playing a CB up front is a waste of time; I like Chieck but he has zero instinct or movement for that position.

Shrewsbury awful - worst side I’ve seen since Cheltenham.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm hoping that the next 2 weeks what they do in training etc won't lead to another 7-0 tonking, If by the looks of it The board are standing by Caldwell he should be going up and down the country looking for at least 2 forwards that he could sign in January and not on the 31st as last minute panic buys.
But who is driving and who wants to play for a relegation threatened side ?

TotnesGrecian

Same old shit, cannot hit the back of the net. darned freezing.

Yanic probably our best player first half, tired in the second.

Playing a CB up front is a waste of time; I like Chieck but he has zero instinct or movement for that position.

Shrewsbury awful - worst side I’ve seen since Cheltenham.
At times, he was still playing like a CB up top, could see the defensive movements and patterns of play

No fault of his own obviously, because he's a ***** CENTRE BACK

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Although it was only 1 point, I suspect that too many people have become so entrenched in their depression over the past number of games and the desire to see Caldwell out above everything else (and I have a certain amount of sympathy for that), that the effort that was put into that game by the players has passed them by. Yes, there were no goals and we desperately need a recognised striker or two, but sometimes you have to recognise that the team were far better in their application and commitment and give credit for that.

I see it the opposite way. Feel like the players put everything into the game tonight, but with the personnel we've got and the tactics,... this was the easiest possible game on paper in league one. The players left everything out on the pitch. And we still didn't really look likely to score. Where are we getting points from?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster

“Convinced” by that?

Need a lot more evidence than what was an occasionally spirited performance with almost zero goal threat in open play. We played exactly the same as we have done against everyone else, Shrewsbury just happened to be terrible so we’ve scrambled a point.